• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CalicoJack10 anyone?

Zeus

Haven't heard from CalicoJack10 since WI Carry started doing free CCW classes. Coincidence? Don't know the fellow, just wondering if anyone else does or thoughts on this.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

MKEgal

I remember that he'd been working on creating the WI Carry course (which now appears to be mostly the WI DOJ course + a website), so I don't think he'd disappear because of that.

In the time leading up to him cutting off contact, I was increasingly concerned for his health & well-being, but I don't know how to reach someone who might help him.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
C-J is doing well........................

He just got sick of the infighting, and how everyone seems overly satisfied with gaining their ability to purchase a license to exercise a a god-given, and constitutionally guaranteed right, and how the push to reach the goal of constitutional carry has simply disappeared.

Getting a CC license should not have been the goal to be satisfied with, it should be seen as a step in the right direction of gaining full constitutional carry with optional permits for reciprocity.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
He just got sick of the infighting, and how [strike]everyone[/strike] some people seem(s) overly satisfied with gaining their ability to purchase a license to exercise a a god-given, and constitutionally guaranteed right, and how the push to reach the goal of constitutional carry has simply disappeared.

Getting a CC license should not have been the goal to be satisfied with, it should be seen as a step in the right direction of gaining full constitutional carry with optional permits for reciprocity.

My edit's in your quote.

His problem is perception. The core group here is not happy and is continuing to push. He also accused us of a lot of other crap, talked about the superiority of his training and implied we were ignoramuses for taking certain other training. In any case, although he made some valid points, most of his post was insulting and untrue.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Perhaps we should merge this with the other thread that has drifted to ex-military veterans.

Or, apropos today's news about Sec. Def. Leon Pain-in-the-assetta reducing armed services manning, where do y'all imagine all these trained elite troopers are going for their jobs? ?seicnega tnemecrofne waL

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Perhaps we should merge this with the other thread that has drifted to ex-military veterans.

Or, apropos today's news about Sec. Def. Leon Pain-in-the-assetta reducing armed services manning, where do y'all imagine all these trained elite troopers are going for their jobs? ?seicnega tnemecrofne waL

Law enforcement agencies? Would be a good guess.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

BINGO! Will they notice that their neighbors are legally armed citizens and not third world terrorists. You may beat their rap but you will not beat their ride!

HandyHamlet

My edit's in your quote.

His problem is perception. The core group here is not happy and is continuing to push. He also accused us of a lot of other crap, talked about the superiority of his training and implied we were ignoramuses for taking certain other training. In any case, although he made some valid points, most of his post was insulting and untrue.

You should have edited it further. From "some" to "one". The only person I have seen who was satisfied with the current outcome was lunchboxables the Troll. Otherwise I agree. Jack seemed enraged we could not drop everything to go up there and take his classes. Then on facebook he declared he was no longer training anyway???

:eek:

Trip20

This was my favorite part of his post:

And just so we are clear, if someone who thinks their training is good enough fires a weapon and a stray bullet comes in my direction, or that of my family, I will defend myself and my family!!!!!! Have a nice life all!!!

duckdog

I didn't read CJ's post until now and I think it was insulting and condosending, and seemed to belittle those of us who do not look at training like him. I for one do not carry because I think I'm going to have to shoot my way out of every grocery store I go into for a gallon of milk and do a couple of cartwheels while changing clips like something out of Starsky and Hutch. I carry for the remote possibilty that I may need to use a handgun in an extraordinary situation. I also think most people who actually are carrying will do the best they can in that situation without his "style" of training, as he described it. There are very different backgrounds and some of us have been shooting guns since we have been knee high to a grasshopper, while some maybe not so much.

My wife took a course at NWTC for $60 and she said it was a very good course. It's funny that the course she took was cheaper that the "free" course he was offering.

I am also not happy about having to get a permit, but lets face it, we could have had it a lot, lot, worse. We have a pretty good law while we can all work on getting it changed. Saying we all gave up is BS and sounds like someone ranting because he was called out for saying he was giving free training, while it was not really "free".

Zeus

Thanks for the replies. As far as Constitutional Carry, every journey begins with a single step I have heard, and a permit is that step. To try for Const. Carry right off was noble but unrealistic in a state that has been CC free longer than any other if I'm not mistaken. Also the focus on our overall country and liberty has taken a lot of our energies and attention as of late.
Ironically lately, I carry more just to exercise my rights more than for protection. I am not the easiest target in both stature and awareness so I feel I am must less at risk than a woman or elderly person. I have missed the companionship of a gun since the military and I feel like a free man while carrying as apposed to a loyal subject. I can certainly understand CJ's frustration but find it better to work together than to let the anti make us fight one another. The next two years will tell the tale.

bigdaddy1

I said before, and will say it again. Wars are not won with a single battle. I got the feeling that many would have prefered the continuance of a right denied rather than a step forward.

protias

Thanks for the replies. As far as Constitutional Carry, every journey begins with a single step I have heard, and a permit is that step. To try for Const. Carry right off was noble but unrealistic in a state that has been CC free longer than any other if I'm not mistaken. Also the focus on our overall country and liberty has taken a lot of our energies and attention as of late.
Ironically lately, I carry more just to exercise my rights more than for protection. I am not the easiest target in both stature and awareness so I feel I am must less at risk than a woman or elderly person. I have missed the companionship of a gun since the military and I feel like a free man while carrying as apposed to a loyal subject. I can certainly understand CJ's frustration but find it better to work together than to let the anti make us fight one another. The next two years will tell the tale.

If you listened to public testimony for being able to carry, it was overwhelming for Constitutional Carry. Out reps thought it was "prudent" to go with a stupid piece of paper to "appease" the left after what they had done to fix our state's budget.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Until 1996 gun carry was illegal in South Carolina. In 1996 the Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act was passed, making concealed carry a permitted privilege, it was thought a first step to Constitutional Carry. Open carry in South Carolina is still illegal in 2012, nearly twenty years later. The grassroots rights group that passed the CWP law has been made quite ineffective by the local affiliate of the national gun trainers organization.

There were grand arguments of whether "eating an elephant in bites or swallowing it whole was more effective." Our vice-president and director of legislative action is retiring from 'activism' to concentrate on the legal defense of the grass roots organization.

Wisconsin has largely unrestricted open carry and has had it for a while..

bigdaddy1

We can (and will) call again for constitutional carry in Wisconsin. Just because we have licensed carry now doesn't mean the game is over, this is only one quarter in the game.

amaixner

I said before, and will say it again. Wars are not won with a single battle. I got the feeling that many would have preferred the continuance of a right denied rather than a step forward.

You have summed up the issue here, and rest assured that this is not just an issue in Wisconsin. Remember the quote about about how to change laws: all that is required is a tireless minority, keen to set brushfires in the hearts and minds of the populace.