• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newsletter/Information

WILLIE0319

Hello, I just turned 18 a few months ago, and have just started open carrying. I have made myself familiar with the laws, and I feel comfortable carrying my S&W 66.

I wanted to know if there is some kind of newsletter or notification I could get via email that would let me know when there is a rally or demonstration that is scheduled, because I would very much like to participate in order to help secure my rights.

Thanks in advance!
Willie

Last edited:

Jake8x7

Activist Member
Hello, I just turned 18 a few months ago, and have just started open carrying. I have made myself familiar with the laws, and I feel comfortable carrying my S&W 66.

I wanted to know if there is some kind of newsletter or notification I could get via email that would let me know when there is a rally or demonstration that is scheduled, because I would very much like to participate in order to help secure my rights.

Thanks in advance!
Willie

Do you open carry a long gun or handgun? Are you an Ohio resident? If so, how did you obtain your handgun? OCing handguns at 18 in Ohio is LEGAL, but obtaining one is near impossible if you're an Ohio resident (or been one your entire life). Your state has laws requiring 21 year olds for private sale handgun trades.

Luckily for me I'm a FL resident so I obtained my handgun at 18 legally. Therefore I can OC in your state tomorrow if I want to (I'm 19) without a permit. Transporting the firearms in cars in your state gets tricky though, but still doable.

Jake8x7

Last edited:

Brian D.

Willie, there are some sites you should look at:

1) Buckeye Firearms Association
2) Ohioans For Concealed Carry
3) Ohio Open Carry

The first two are the major players in the struggle to further improve gun rights in Ohio. Both have main sites plus forum boards. Number 3 above is just a small forum board but it is very specific to open carry issues.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Willie,

Don't expect OFCC (Ohioans for Concealed Carry) to save your rear end if you get charged with inducing panic or disorderly conduct. They will be glad to refer you to an attorney, who, from what I've seen, will not achieve the kind of victory that is needed.

They talk big, but out of both sides of their mouth when discussing open carry.

My best advice is know the legal risks and be prepared to deal with them.

Last edited:

Makarov

Always record and assert your rights and if arrested pleasd your case with a lawyer with a jury!

Last edited: