Thread: Navy Seal Accidently Shoots Himself In The Head...

Navy Seal Accidently Shoots Himself In The Head...

I guess all the trainning in the world cannot fix stuipd...

http://news.yahoo.com/police-navy-se...022731883.html

Sad ....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

The headliner should read "Navy Seal NEGLIGENTLY shoots self in head". As has been said many times before, there is no such thing as an accidental firearm discharge.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    all i can say is dumbazzzzzz
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    The headliner should read "Navy Seal NEGLIGENTLY shoots self in head". As has been said many times before, there is no such thing as an accidental firearm discharge.
    I totally agree... I was just copying the article as written.

As a matter of fact, the AD vrs ND debate is one of my pet peeves as actual ND's are more often than not refered to as AD's, when in reality, actual AD's are extremeley rare and based on malfunction of the firearm, not malfunction of the user.

Edited to add... The article mentions him being in a bar before the incident... I cannot help but wonder if alcohol was involved as well as the level of alcohol consumed..?????

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 01-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

Herr Heckler Koch
    "Cali says the man was showing guns to a woman he'd met earlier at a bar and put a pistol ... to his head. Cali says he then pulled the trigger." It looks fully intentional by a fully trained fully informed operator to me. What the phaux-good is training if we don't trust the trained operator?

The cop telling what the dead operator knew, thought or believed is ignorant.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-06-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: getting rid of weasel words

Many people have been killed by 'unloaded' guns.
    Many people who should have known better have been injured by 'unloaded' guns because they got cocky &/or complacent. (That DEA agent comes to mind.)
    It's very sad that this highly-trained member of the military is now among them.
    At least he's not dead yet. There's still hope he'll live, though probably will never be as healthy or capable as he was the second before he shot himself.

And I agree that from the description given there was nothing accidental about this shooting.
    He violated all 3 of the basic rules. (Or 3 of the 4, depending on which system you use.)
    Either way, that practically guaranteed that something bad would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1
    ... the AD vrs ND debate is one of my pet peeves ... actual AD's are extremeley rare and based on malfunction of the firearm, not malfunction of the user.
    Oooooh - I like that. Mind if I steal it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I don't think I've ever read an AD report that had the shooter saying: I knew the weapon was loaded.

Quite the opposite, the reports usually always state: "I didn't know the weapon was loaded"...

JJC

Snip..

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Oooooh - I like that. Mind if I steal it?
    It would be my pleasure if you did....

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Centurion

If we assume that it happened as reported. I hope they did a complete investigation

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    all i can say is dumbazzzzzz
    From the account that I read, the only witness was a girl he had picked up that night. The roommate was asleep, and the girl said that he put the gun to his head to show her it was unloaded, and pulled the trigger.

It appears that everything hinges on the account of a strange woman. I hope they did a completer investigation of all the evidence, the woman, the roomate, and their associates. That a Seal would do such a thing, even when drunk, seem way out of character.

I have never met a stupid Seal.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    From the account that I read, the only witness was a girl he had picked up that night. The roommate was asleep, and the girl said that he put the gun to his head to show her it was unloaded, and pulled the trigger.

It appears that everything hinges on the account of a strange woman. I hope they did a completer investigation of all the evidence, the woman, the roomate, and their associates. That a Seal would do such a thing, even when drunk, seem way out of character.

Thank you Sir, for a rational post instead of a rush-to-judgement. While events may have occurred as represented, it is a bit premature for everyone to circle the wagons and start p*ssing on the grave of a man they have never met.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    Thank you Sir, for a rational post instead of a rush-to-judgement. While events may have occurred as represented, it is a bit premature for everyone to circle the wagons and start p*ssing on the grave of a man they have never met.
    +1
    All too often people jump to rash conclusions. The evidence, when properly processed, will sort everything out. The evidence, again when properly processed, never lies.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

Question

Quote Originally Posted by J_Oliver View Post
    +1
    All too often people jump to rash conclusions. The evidence, when properly processed, will sort everything out. The evidence, again when properly processed, never lies.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Three posts in row on the money. IF it happened as reported it was ultimate cockiness/stupidy or suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Oliver View Post
    +1
    The evidence, when properly processed, will sort everything out. The evidence, again when properly processed, never lies.

But the report and the stories might...
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    I have. When professionalism turns to cockiness and complacency, it happens.

Herr Heckler Koch

LaCrosse Tribune picks up the story. Navy SEAL dies after shooting himself

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/nati...tml?mode=story

Why would the LaX Trib carry this story but that they read our interest here?

Quote Originally Posted by LaX Trib, AP
    Navy officials have confirmed that a Navy SEAL who accidentally shot himself in the head has died.

Navy spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Frank Magallon tells the U-T San Diego ( http://bit.ly/ycqw4O) that Petty Officer 3rd Class Gene "Geno" Clayont, Jr. was taken off life support on Saturday. He is survived by his parents and three sisters.

San Diego police were called on Thursday after the accident. Police say Clayton had gone to a bar and brought a woman back to his apartment and was showing her guns when he put a pistol to his head, believing it was unloaded, and pulled the trigger.
    http://lacrossetribune.com/news/nati...?mode=comments
    Sic transit gloria mundi. RIP E-4 Clayont.

Arguably SEALS are the most highly trained gun operators, yet we allow this spokesman to tell us what was in the operator's mind, "believing it was unloaded." That reduces this highly trained young man to the mean, and to the meanest of negligent shooters.

There are no accidental shootings.

ALL guns are loaded until they are not. Cover with the muzzle that ONLY which would be destroyed. Keep YOUR finger off the trigger. KNOW your target and what's beyond.

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.
    In 1969 I declined an 'invitation' to BUDS in favor of NNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://lacrossetribune.com/news/nati...tml?mode=story

Why would the LaX Trib carry this story but that they read our interest here?
    There could be a great many reasons why, one of which is they had a "hole" that needed to be filled and this was the first story the staffer came across that was the size and length they needed. If you have evidence to support your suspicions, please share it with us so we may put any of their future news coverage into a proper context.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...