• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RE: East Sound Coffee Meet

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
RE: East Sound Coffee Meet

There was talk of planning an OC coffee meet this Saturday for the east sound. I have recieved a couple messages checking on the status. Unfortunately, I have not been able to set it up and would not be able to make it as my wife went to the ER on Wednesday and we have been in the ICU since.

There are people interested so if someone wanted to post time and location I am sure you'll get a few. Hopefully we will get out of here within the next few days and if one is not setup by someone this weekend ill check the calendar for the next best and post it.

boosteddreams

Wow, I'm sorry to hear your wife isn't doing well and I wish her a speedy recovery!

Regarding the meet, I believe we'd talked about the Kirkland Starbucks on 85th right across from Petco (12209 Northeast 85th Street, Kirkland, WA 98033). I will go ahead and show up at 10am. It'd be great if someone wants to join me; if not I'll just enjoy my hot chocolate and read a book and we can set something up for next weekend. I hope to see a few of you there!

FMCDH

I remember the same conversation about the Starbucks in Kirkland.

My wife and I will be attending.

Thanks for the reminder Slapmonkay, and I hope your wife recovers from....whatever happened, quickly.

We will miss seeing the little guy. :D

badkarma

Hey, I wish your wife the best in her recovery.

I cant do anyhting tomorrow but I was considering going downtown Sunday with jsanchez to the WCF rally and show my disgust for violence and such.

jsanchez

BadKarma check your email box here on the forum, I sent you and urgent message.

jsanchez

Had a great time today

Met with FMCDH and his girlfriend, Boosteddreams. Had a good talk on open carry related items and other things. Some of the help behind the counter were surprised about my open carry.

boosteddreams

Met with FMCDH and his girlfriend, Boosteddreams. Had a good talk on open carry related items and other things. Some of the help behind the counter were surprised about my open carry.

Just to clarify the above post, FMCDH and his wife were there, I was there, and jsanchez was there...the way that was written kind of makes it sound like I was FMCDH's girlfriend. :) It was a good meet and nobody asked me about my gun or gave me any strange looks (that I noticed).

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Glad you guys met and had a good meet. I wish I could have attended. We will meet up agian soon.

jsanchez

Sorry about that, I was couldn't remember if that was his wife or girlfriend, my bad. I guess I should have put an and in there too.

FMCDH

Sorry about that, I was couldn't remember if that was his wife or girlfriend, my bad. I guess I should have put an and in there too.

LOL

No harm done.

Here are the links I promised yall on some of the topics we discussed yesterday...
Raging Against Self Defense
http://www.vcdl.org/new/raging.htm

The Truth About Violence
http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-truth-about-violence/

Also interesting to note on the topic of dealing with anti-gunners is this little factoid about their oft quoted "22 or 43 times more likely" statistics...
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=119

It should be noted that there is a lot of "behind the scenes" information that must be known to fully understand these types of studies, and no one study should be taken as gospel from either side of the debate. Do what the anti-gunners typically refuse to do, and do your own research. There is a TON of information out there from many many sources that have to be considered in total to fully understand the "statistics" behind this subject.

Here is an interesting forum discussion on the topic to get the brain going....
http://www.politicalforum.com/gun-control/145496-more-likely-shot-your-own-gun.html

And Another... Look about half way down the page for a long post with many references...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x338689

Last edited: