Thread: SLFU and fingerprints

SLFU and fingerprints

Where does someone get confirmation that their prints were returned to the PD?

I had a person recently contact me about issues they had with verification that the background was checked. SLFU wouldn't tell them a thing. He was forwarded to another department responsible for the fingerprints and checks, but didn't know the department name (or I can't recall).

Question is: What department actually does the background check?

The department he was forwarded to said they couldn't tell him the results.... this I know is pure BS as under our law, he is considered the requesting party.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Answer

State Police Bureau of Identification

Call them in Middletown.

feb 2011 In person conversation at SP Middletown Records

I was trying to determin when the pd sent my 2nd records check to be done on my 2nd application and if and when it was done, so i can determine timelines, to prove they were milking it, Middletown Records check supervisor told me to ask the pd, & wouldent provide me any info, i said i paid for it they wouldent tell me anything, when i statred asking intelligent questions and & making valid points they ended the conversation, and disappeared behind the glass, That all is more than likely directed by the Firearms licencing unit.

Exactly my point.

I'm getting the same response from people when they ask.

Ed points out the department (which I wanted, thanx!), but we're still getting the same results.

Somehow, this needs to be addressed and/or challenged.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I would be willing to foia the background check section, at dps in regards to my checks dates if thats even possable, and compare it to when i recived my denied applications, when the pd gave me there internal permit check list, via foia they filled out like 20 sections but left the one on the return date blank? I cant recall and would have to look doest the applicant have to be notified with so many days of the recipt, of dps background check? If there was a violation of the law a complint could be made at the Finincail crimes Bereau in rocky hill, at the state procuters office they handle complaints against local pd's.

Banned
    Now the department (per America, Steven, and Paul Mount) says they cannot provide any updates on fingerprinting / permit information ; that you have to go to the local PD.

They are retarded of course. (OK to bash them, right???)