• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SLFU and fingerprints

KIX

Where does someone get confirmation that their prints were returned to the PD?

I had a person recently contact me about issues they had with verification that the background was checked. SLFU wouldn't tell them a thing. He was forwarded to another department responsible for the fingerprints and checks, but didn't know the department name (or I can't recall).

Question is: What department actually does the background check?

The department he was forwarded to said they couldn't tell him the results.... this I know is pure BS as under our law, he is considered the requesting party.

Jonathan

Good Citizen

feb 2011 In person conversation at SP Middletown Records

I was trying to determin when the pd sent my 2nd records check to be done on my 2nd application and if and when it was done, so i can determine timelines, to prove they were milking it, Middletown Records check supervisor told me to ask the pd, & wouldent provide me any info, i said i paid for it they wouldent tell me anything, when i statred asking intelligent questions and & making valid points they ended the conversation, and disappeared behind the glass, That all is more than likely directed by the Firearms licencing unit.

KIX

Exactly my point.

I'm getting the same response from people when they ask.

Ed points out the department (which I wanted, thanx!), but we're still getting the same results.

Somehow, this needs to be addressed and/or challenged.

Jonathan

Good Citizen

I would be willing to foia the background check section, at dps in regards to my checks dates if thats even possable, and compare it to when i recived my denied applications, when the pd gave me there internal permit check list, via foia they filled out like 20 sections but left the one on the return date blank? I cant recall and would have to look doest the applicant have to be notified with so many days of the recipt, of dps background check? If there was a violation of the law a complint could be made at the Finincail crimes Bereau in rocky hill, at the state procuters office they handle complaints against local pd's.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now the department (per America, Steven, and Paul Mount) says they cannot provide any updates on fingerprinting / permit information ; that you have to go to the local PD.

They are retarded of course. (OK to bash them, right???)