Thread: Bill of Rights Primer

Bill of Rights Primer

My parents got me a book called "Bill of Rights Primer" and I was wondering if anyone else has read this book and what they thought of it. I just started reading it and in the opening section that describes the book I came across this bit that had me worried about the direction of the book; "By viewing the Bill of Rights as a document with an evolving meaning shaped by hostory..." Does this mean that the authors of the book basically view the BoR as a "living document" where the meaning can change over time without amendments?

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    My parents got me a book called "Bill of Rights Primer" and I was wondering if anyone else has read this book and what they thought of it. I just started reading it and in the opening section that describes the book I came across this bit that had me worried about the direction of the book; "By viewing the Bill of Rights as a document with an evolving meaning shaped by hostory..." Does this mean that the authors of the book basically view the BoR as a "living document" where the meaning can change over time without amendments?
    Depends; you'll have to read further.

If evolving = we no longer should have *insert right here* then it's bull crap
    If evolving = 1A protections apply to the internet, 2A applies to more than muskets and 4A protections apply to electronic info then it's right.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 01-06-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Herr Heckler Koch

I don't really know anything about the author Amar, what is bad about him?