• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill of Rights Primer

Aknazer

My parents got me a book called "Bill of Rights Primer" and I was wondering if anyone else has read this book and what they thought of it. I just started reading it and in the opening section that describes the book I came across this bit that had me worried about the direction of the book; "By viewing the Bill of Rights as a document with an evolving meaning shaped by hostory..." Does this mean that the authors of the book basically view the BoR as a "living document" where the meaning can change over time without amendments?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
My parents got me a book called "Bill of Rights Primer" and I was wondering if anyone else has read this book and what they thought of it. I just started reading it and in the opening section that describes the book I came across this bit that had me worried about the direction of the book; "By viewing the Bill of Rights as a document with an evolving meaning shaped by hostory..." Does this mean that the authors of the book basically view the BoR as a "living document" where the meaning can change over time without amendments?

Depends; you'll have to read further.

If evolving = we no longer should have *insert right here* then it's bull crap
If evolving = 1A protections apply to the internet, 2A applies to more than muskets and 4A protections apply to electronic info then it's right.

Last edited: