Thread: honest anwser please

honest anwser please

i am looking tofind out how hard it would be to get a out of state permit from ri i currently live in ct but drive into ri (west warwick) 6 days a week i am only looking to carry in ri as i beleive it is my right and i want to exercise my right when ever i want. i am not a criminal of any sort and have served in the ct national guard for six years and i am still enlisted there is nothing i have ever done that would disqual me but i have heard around ct that ri barely ever issues a permit and when they do they put restrictions on when you can carry any info would be great

There is no basis in Rhode Island law to restrict a permit. Either one is licensed to carry concealed (Town Permit) or they are licensed to carry concealed or not (Attorney General) permit.

For a more detailed discussion please visit the forums on www.cralri.com

One last thing, not to be rude or anything, as we all make grammer mistakes; however, your post was extremely poorly writted. Again, no disrespect intended; however, can you please try to use better grammar to avoid headaches
    Last edited by Jared; 01-09-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason84 View Post
    i am looking tofind out how hard it would be to get a out of state permit from ri i currently live in ct but drive into ri (west warwick) 6 days a week i am only looking to carry in ri as i beleive it is my right and i want to exercise my right when ever i want. i am not a criminal of any sort and have served in the ct national guard for six years and i am still enlisted there is nothing i have ever done that would disqual me but i have heard around ct that ri barely ever issues a permit and when they do they put restrictions on when you can carry any info would be great
    RI is probably one of the toughest permits to acquire. I have mine, and I am certified in 17 other states, but the best advice I can give you is to keep trying. Learn your laws, study them and if it is that important for you to get, hire an lawyer. Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    There is no basis in Rhode Island law to restrict a permit. Either one is licensed to carry concealed (Town Permit) or they are licensed to carry concealed or not (Attorney General) permit.

For a more detailed discussion please visit the forums on www.cralri.com

One last thing, not to be rude or anything, as we all make grammer mistakes; however, your post was extremely poorly writted. Again, no disrespect intended; however, can you please try to use better grammar to avoid headaches
    Goodness, I hope you were being sarcastic. "Grammer mistakes" and "poorly writted" posts are certainly difficult to read!

Quote Originally Posted by lwheatcraft View Post
    Goodness, I hope you were being sarcastic. "Grammer mistakes" and "poorly writted" posts are certainly difficult to read!
    Exactly what I was thinking.....
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Banned
    You LIVE in CT .. can you get a RI permit? I guess you could ...

Quote Originally Posted by lwheatcraft View Post
    Yes, I was being sarcastic. I suppose trying to be funny is lost in translation on a keyboard.

Obviously a typo or two are understandable; however, reading a paragraph or even a page (use to be common on www.packing.org back in the day) can give a person a headache.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jason84 View Post

Let me know your results .. I'd be interested in how it turns out for you. Its too bad RI doesn't recognize CT permits ... You must love that mall in Warwick lol.

I have family in RI so Im looking to get a permit as well.

Infuriates me that I have to get permits - anyone heard of the 2nd Amendment? Why can I protect myself in my home state but not out of state? So fn dumb.