• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Pratt on WI CCW

PQ36

Thought I would post link to this article. I know some have seen it, but many have not. GOA always does such a good job.

http://gunowners.org/op10252011ep.htm

A couple of excerpts:

There are an estimated six million citizens who possess a concealed carry permit. The number of legal concealed carriers is probably higher, considering the growing number of states that recognize the right of their citizens to carry without a permit.

Press reports indicate that concealed carry is at an all time high, even while crime rates have been dropping in the U.S. over the past few years. Yet, we’ve been hearing the Chicken Little cries of doom and gloom as far back as the mid-1980s, when Florida kicked off the modern concealed carry movement with the enactment of its “shall issue” law.

It was not all that long ago that this ball got rolling down there in FL (it's a shame the ball ever got stopped in the first place).

Perhaps there is a connection between the fact that Illinois is the "land of Lincoln", and Lincoln's post civil war US gave us our re-constructionist USSA a start, and Illinois is still stuck with disarmament. Though "progressive" Wisconsin took it's time!

Thank you to all those who have helped put pressure on our mis-representatives (actual reps already knew the score). Also thank you to all who have helped share so much information, and henceforth helping me help others understand these 2A issues with greater clarity.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "...estimated six million citizens...." double or triple, post haste. Especially would not mind seeing "permits", "licenses", "stinking badges", etc, become extinct altogether (how long did it take to build Rome, anyway?)

Hope you enjoy the article.

Thanks all.