Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for a capitol forest pit shoot on 04feb12?

Wink Anyone up for a capitol forest pit shoot on 04feb12?

I haven't been shooting since november. I'm itching put a few hundred rounds down range. we should do a pit shoot on 04 feb. It's on a saturday. This should give people plenty of time to prepare for it. I was thinking afterwards who ever wanted to go we could all go and get some grub somewhere. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

If I'm not working, and it's not raining.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

ok sweet

Cool

Sound good, probably bring a couple people.
    30.06 and 40.
    What are we shooting at this time?? Besides targets.
    Wagun coming again?

We can post it up at WaGuns, or you can!
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

You can post it on WaGuns if you want. I don't really have any particularly themed targets in mind. Just bring and shoot whatever you want.

I own WaGuns. You post it lol.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Just registered on waguns where do I post it?

Never mind I found it. It has been posted on waguns

SigGuy23, I noticed that you are from Marysville, If so, then I just wanted to make sure you're aware of another place up north that is geographically closer to your location. It's a giant gravel pit, and I have been there before. Just wanted to let you know about it. Waguns.org has the location, and you can see the discussion about the "Northern New Years Day Shoot".

FMJ 911
    SigGuy23, I noticed that you are from Marysville, If so, then I just wanted to make sure you're aware of another place up north that is geographically closer to your location. It's a giant gravel pit, and I have been there before. Just wanted to let you know about it. Waguns.org has the location, and you can see the discussion about the "Northern New Years Day Shoot".
    No I was not aware of the pit you're talking about. I will keep that in mind next time I set up an event. I will keep it at capital forest for this one. Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome.

I've always wanted to see what the "Southern" Shooting pits are like. Anyone else interested in coming? Oh, and from the last shoot, my new nickname is "Soccer Mom". It's all because I showed up in a minivan.

Nothing wrong with driving a mini van.

Nope, not at all. It's a good car to drive long distances. I may just drive it to this shoot. I can haul everything I need, and still have plenty of room for other stuff. Only downside is the poor mileage. 20 MPG Highway is low for a van in its class.

Any suggestions on what I should bring? I have a nice collection of Old Military Rifles that shoot real good. I always bring plenty of ammo, so you're more than welcome to try the old guns!

FMJ 911
    Nope, not at all. It's a good car to drive long distances. I may just drive it to this shoot. I can haul everything I need, and still have plenty of room for other stuff. Only downside is the poor mileage. 20 MPG Highway is low for a van in its class.

Any suggestions on what I should bring? I have a nice collection of Old Military Rifles that shoot real good. I always bring plenty of ammo, so you're more than welcome to try the old guns
    !

Bring whatever you want. I would be much obliged to try your guns. Do you maybe wanna carpool down there if you have room since we are in the same area? I will be happy to give you gas money.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    !

Bring whatever you want. I would be much obliged to try your guns. Do you maybe wanna carpool down there if you have room since we are in the same area? I will be happy to give you gas money.
    Yeah, I'd consider a carpool. It would be a good way to save gas!

FMJ 911
    Yeah, I'd consider a carpool. It would be a good way to save gas!
    That's what I was thinking.

I might be game if I am not working... Might look to carpool with someone from the Tacoma area though...

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Depending on the weather I just might do that. I have a couple of rifles I need to blow the dust out of.

ETA: I've never been there before. I would need to meet up with someone and follow them down.
    Last edited by Bookman; 01-11-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

In November we meet at Cabalas, but there's a couple places right off the highway to meet.

Just let me know where and what time.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Hey guys, I just got a .45 Caliber Black Powder Muzzle Loader Rifle. I'll have to bring it with me, and let you guys try it out. It's a really soft shooter with a lotta "BANG"!!!

No really, the Black Powder Makes for a nice "Shove" rather than a "Sharp Blow". The Smoke makes for good dramatic effect as well!

Since I just got it today, I'll have to go and learn how to use it, but it's easy enough to learn.

If any of you got a Black powder Gun, bring it along! maybe we can all learn something from each other!

FMJ911, Black powder is easy to learn, but at the same time there are a bunch of caveats that must be followed. It is also easy to seriously damage yourself and the firearm. I have shot front stuffers for over 40 years, and shoot competetively with black powder cartridge rifles. Any questions you may have, I will probably have theanswer or know where to find it.

Dagnabbit!!!

Looks like I won't be able to go after all. The funds just aren't there.
    Last edited by Bookman; 01-18-2012 at 01:51 AM.

T-Minus 11 Days.

Ok guys, the shoot is nearing, so get all your stuff in order! I usually have everything ready the week before just so I "Grab 'n' Go" On the day of the shoot. Any questions, just ask!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast