• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for a capitol forest pit shoot on 04feb12?

FMJ 911

Hey guys, I just got a .45 Caliber Black Powder Muzzle Loader Rifle. I'll have to bring it with me, and let you guys try it out. It's a really soft shooter with a lotta "BANG"!!!

No really, the Black Powder Makes for a nice "Shove" rather than a "Sharp Blow". The Smoke makes for good dramatic effect as well!

Since I just got it today, I'll have to go and learn how to use it, but it's easy enough to learn.

If any of you got a Black powder Gun, bring it along! maybe we can all learn something from each other!

Trigger Dr

FMJ911, Black powder is easy to learn, but at the same time there are a bunch of caveats that must be followed. It is also easy to seriously damage yourself and the firearm. I have shot front stuffers for over 40 years, and shoot competetively with black powder cartridge rifles. Any questions you may have, I will probably have theanswer or know where to find it.

FMJ 911

T-Minus 11 Days.

Ok guys, the shoot is nearing, so get all your stuff in order! I usually have everything ready the week before just so I "Grab 'n' Go" On the day of the shoot. Any questions, just ask!

Just Us

It's going to be at the Waddell Creek Shooting Pit, Meeting around 9:30 AM.

Waddell Creek Pit is near Olympia, in the Capitol Forest. Waguns.org has all the maps & directions.

I guess I was asking for the ones that wanted to meet up on the way down and go down together.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
FMJ 911 and I are stoping by Cabelas on the way down if anyone wants to meet up there to drive down together.