• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for a capitol forest pit shoot on 04feb12?

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I haven't been shooting since november. I'm itching put a few hundred rounds down range. we should do a pit shoot on 04 feb. It's on a saturday. This should give people plenty of time to prepare for it. I was thinking afterwards who ever wanted to go we could all go and get some grub somewhere. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. :D

Just Us

Sound good, probably bring a couple people.
30.06 and 40.
What are we shooting at this time?? Besides targets.
Wagun coming again?

SigGuy23

Activist Member
You can post it on WaGuns if you want. I don't really have any particularly themed targets in mind. Just bring and shoot whatever you want.

FMJ 911

SigGuy23, I noticed that you are from Marysville, If so, then I just wanted to make sure you're aware of another place up north that is geographically closer to your location. It's a giant gravel pit, and I have been there before. Just wanted to let you know about it. Waguns.org has the location, and you can see the discussion about the "Northern New Years Day Shoot".

SigGuy23

Activist Member
FMJ 911
SigGuy23, I noticed that you are from Marysville, If so, then I just wanted to make sure you're aware of another place up north that is geographically closer to your location. It's a giant gravel pit, and I have been there before. Just wanted to let you know about it. Waguns.org has the location, and you can see the discussion about the "Northern New Years Day Shoot".

No I was not aware of the pit you're talking about. I will keep that in mind next time I set up an event. I will keep it at capital forest for this one. Thanks for letting me know.

FMJ 911

You're welcome.

I've always wanted to see what the "Southern" Shooting pits are like. Anyone else interested in coming? Oh, and from the last shoot, my new nickname is "Soccer Mom". It's all because I showed up in a minivan.

FMJ 911

Nope, not at all. It's a good car to drive long distances. I may just drive it to this shoot. I can haul everything I need, and still have plenty of room for other stuff. Only downside is the poor mileage. 20 MPG Highway is low for a van in its class.

Any suggestions on what I should bring? I have a nice collection of Old Military Rifles that shoot real good. I always bring plenty of ammo, so you're more than welcome to try the old guns! :D

SigGuy23

Activist Member
FMJ 911
Nope, not at all. It's a good car to drive long distances. I may just drive it to this shoot. I can haul everything I need, and still have plenty of room for other stuff. Only downside is the poor mileage. 20 MPG Highway is low for a van in its class.

Any suggestions on what I should bring? I have a nice collection of Old Military Rifles that shoot real good. I always bring plenty of ammo, so you're more than welcome to try the old guns
!

Bring whatever you want. I would be much obliged to try your guns. :D Do you maybe wanna carpool down there if you have room since we are in the same area? I will be happy to give you gas money.