• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Bernardino RangemasterJoins Propaganda Crowd

Save Our State

A misdemeanor charge of carrying a loaded gun has spurred numerous media stories, mainly because the person at the core of the incident is state assemblyman Tim Donnelly. The latest print article by the Sac Bee has included a rangemaster's comment that has left me dumbfounded.

Edward Weese, range master for the San Bernardino Pistol Club, said he only knew what he'd read in the paper about Donnelly's gun incident. But he said that even the couple of members of his club who have concealed carry permits don't take them on airplanes.
"They never take it out of the house," Weese said, "except when they're going to the wrong place at the wrong time."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/07/4169322/shoplifting-gun-carrying-incidents.html#storylink=cpy

I've read some less than complimentary commentary from the supposed gun supporter crowd, but this one is somewhat bizzare. This is one of the reasons we fail to stop bills like AB 144. Some of us really, deep down inside, want gun control. We may want access ourselves, but we want to control others.