• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Der Fuhrer and Der BLM

PQ36

Catching up on some reading (of the radar screen of issues) since Nov/Dec has been so extra busy!

Regarding barring shooters from 245 million acres of "BLM" land.....

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands

"It's not so much a safety issue. It's a social conflict issue,"

So, "shooters" are as safe, or safer than other land users.
<sarcasm on> So let's boot the safe ones, and coddle the unsafe users <sarcasm off>
"Social conflict"? You bet. An agenda of creating a social conflict antagonistic to the shooting public.

He adds that urbanites "freak out" when they hear shooting on public lands.

As the late Roger Nelson is well known for teaching his skydiving students: "knowledge dispels fear" Of course the converse, promulgated by the lamestream media, also has its affect: "ignorance breeds fear".

Myself, when I hear shooting on public land, it is either:

1)Myself, target shooting, or hunting, and therefore very blessed and happy to hear that music ringing out.

2)Hearing others target shooting or hunting, and therefore very blessed and happy to hear that others are enjoying that freedom and music ringing out!

Why freak out, when you can join in?!

Knowledge dispels fear.

Blue skies

wild boar

What do those liberal ass cracks do ...

...when they find them selfs in a bad nieborhood...., the leave without saying a thing. They close their windows, close their mouths, lock the doors and leave. After their near death experience do they call the police? No, because the cops would ask,"what the hell were you doing there in the first place?

We all own that land, and that land is as much an integral part of the Untied States as their driveway. This is what America is, and if it doesn't fit their plastic mold of utopia, they'll have to live with it. Understand people, it's not our ideal of America either.

We'll be waiting for that, "group hug" until hell freezes over, so buck it up people, and let's have some cheese, and crackers with that wine. boar out.