• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This one makes the NOVA 7 look mild

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hee, hee, hee. I almost feel sorry for the poh-leece. Somehow, I got a feeling they don't really know what's coming. Otherwise, that cop wouldn't have done it. You can pull this stuff in Wisconsin, but not Virginia.

Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Oh, my. This oughta be goooood.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So glad it was not Loudoun County.. I have been working hard to train them. I did just send Leesburg an F.U. (follow up) letter though about something...

Well, give it a few days and then check back with them. No doubt that once the FOIAs land, the Richmond po-po will be sending e-mails all over the state trying to get intelligence from other poh-leece agencies about OCDO, just like Manassas did with the Tony's 7. :D

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I am still surprised beyond belief that this type of activity is even questioned. Police can say they feel people have the right to bear arms all day long, but very very few really subscribe to the theory. The averag cop on the street feels nobody should access to a firearm other than them. If the right to bear arms went to a nationwide vote today, with police officers being the only people allowed to vote, I am a firm believer that gun owners would lose on about a 90% to 10% vote.

Even more reason there has to continue to be vastly more firearms in the hands of private citizens than those of government agents of any kind. Think the Founders knew this to be fact? Yep, without a doubt.

As for Peter's opening lines and subsequent followup, I am quite anxious to read and hear more of this one. Dan, are you listening?

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Come on now! Are both of you, yes-- Ed and Peter Nap, Both going to make me hold my breath until I turn blue in the face and weak in the knees WAITING TO HEAR MORE ON BOTH OF THESE SITUATIONS?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Come on now! Are both of you, yes-- Ed and Peter Nap, Both going to make me hold my breath until I turn blue in the face and weak in the knees WAITING TO HEAR MORE ON BOTH OF THESE SITUATIONS?

I got the last part of the recording this morning and am going to start clean up this afternoon.
Since I'm playing hooky this weekend and am north of the divide, I;m going to Tidewater to shoot something for a business I've been putting off, then come back and work on the recording.

Before I post any part of the recording though, I still have to talk to the injured party.

This week, I'll go to the PD and rattle cages. It is a busy week though. OC dinner Tuesday, VCDL ON Thursday, back to the farm Wednesday than again on Friday, Lobby day on Monday.

Zak Kee

I haven't been on the forums for a few months until recently and have not heard about this whole "NOVA 7," can anyone enlighten me on what happened with this situation?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I haven't been on the forums for a few months until recently and have not heard about this whole "NOVA 7," can anyone enlighten me on what happened with this situation?

I'll give you a really BRIEF skinny on what happened:

Seven open carriers at a pizza joint.

A U.S. Marine of all people didn't like seeing 7 civilians armed (I guess every branch has a few) and called the cops.

Cops came and harassed the open carriers.

Cops convinced the manager to kick the open carriers out.

Cops lied about some stuff.

The open carry movement really started to take off after this incident.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Hee, hee, hee. I almost feel sorry for the poh-leece. Somehow, I got a feeling they don't really know what's coming. Otherwise, that cop wouldn't have done it. You can pull this stuff in Wisconsin, but not Virginia.

Heh, heh, heh, heh.

The thing is Richmond has been very open-carry friendly. I can't believe it. The highest profile open-carry self-defense shooting in the state, if not the country happened in Richmond. Open-carriers flood the capital every year. Several Richmond restaurants have welcomed open-carriers. I see open-carriers in Richmond all the time. Richmond even has a group that open-carried on the cover of "Style Weekly."

I'm going to invite those guys to Lobby Day.

Attachments

• cover_300.jpg
    cover_300.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You Had The "Nova 7", Wisconsin Had "The Madison Five"....

A U.S. Marine of all people didn't like seeing 7 civilians armed (I guess every branch has a few) and called the cops.

Very similar thing happened here in Wisconsin with five open carriers at a Culver's restaurant in Madison. The police harassed them, demanded I.D. (they refused as would I), two were arrested, handcuffed and illegally searched for I.D. and placed in police cars. Cops released all five after running their I.D.s and issued the two who were cuffed and stuffed "O.O.J." tickets. This happened on a Saturday night. Come Monday the two tickets were dropped and instead the police department mailed all five Disorderly Conduct tickets.

All five are members of Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry took their case. All five had all charges dropped and just recently Madistan offered a judgment to have the case dismissed in court. Done. Every one of us who believes in the 2nd Amendment and whatever portion of your State Constitution that has the right to keep and bear arms should be a member of a group like we have here in Wisconsin: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Without Wisconsin Carry we would be fighting rogue police on our own and very few, if any of us have the resources to fight a long and costly court battle. The police know they can go indefinitely in court since they are using our taxpayer dollars against us.

Join or form an organization if you don't have one to stand up and fight for your gun rights. I also highly suggest everyone, carrier or not, carry a video recording device with them at all times.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
No They Can't! They Pull This In Wisconsin We Definitely Fight Them In Court!

Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Wisconsin is an open carry state. It is in our state Constitution since 1998. Not 1798, not 1898...1998. Article 1, Section 25 is very clear...no lefty interpretations to be made like they do with the 2nd Amendment. Wisconsin now has Shall Issue concealed carry as well. If the police don't like it too bad, those that don't should find another line of work.

If the cop(s) pulled this in Wisconsin today I can guarantee they would be sued to the ends of the Earth. From what little I can gather from the posts about this specific incident I seriously doubt the police officer(s) will be able to claim "Qualified Immunity" like they always do.

Keep us informed, this is going to get interesting!

VApatriot

As I recall from the recording of the 911 call, the "retired Marine" sounded like he was from somewhere in the very anti-gun northeast and probably knew nothing about freedom.

And, of course, who could ever forget about the always-professional cops calling the OCers, among other things, "ass clowns."

markand

As I recall from the recording of the 911 call, the "retired Marine" sounded like he was from somewhere in the very anti-gun northeast and probably knew nothing about freedom.

And, of course, who could ever forget about the always-professional cops calling the OCers, among other things, "ass clowns."

I listened to the 911 call several times. I'm of the opinion he was trying to goad police into a very aggressive, violent response.

Let's not forget that several hundred OC supporters filled the Manassas city council room protesting the unprofessional behavior of their police, and a couple hundred showed up months later to comment on the joke of a response to formal complaints filed by several of the 7.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Here is a comprehensive report from Virginia Citizens Defense League. http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

The dinner was an OCDO dinner and fellowship. It was coincidence that several of the OCers were also VCDL members.