• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This one makes the NOVA 7 look mild

MSC 45ACP

Yes, LIBRARY security guards. They wear cop-like uniforms but are unarmed. I know why they have them here... There are some pretty shady-looking characters hanging out here, and there is a police station right next door!

paramedic70002

Dang sidestreet, sounds like we used to work some of the same places.

I once led a 3 man armed security team at the McDonalds at Queen & LaSalle in Hampton. Really! And I am NOT Gecko45!

We had fights all the time, big crowds, weapons, a couple shootings and once a murder right across the street.

Same thing at the Hardee's off 664 in the industrial park. One night an honest-to-goodness riot with flying newsboxes and smashed windows, several unruly mass crowds not buying anything, once a crowd showed up and swamped the lobby, then started jumping the counter to cook their own burgers. Once of my Officers nearly lost an ear one night because someone threw a ketchup pump at his head, I used a whole medium can of OC and got half way through a trigger press into the crowd before they retreated.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
BOOK 'em, Danno!
Hey, it had to be said. Don't throw the book at me, I'm changing magazines.

icon13.png
That is just bad. :(

mobeewan

I once led a 3 man armed security team at the McDonalds at Queen & LaSalle in Hampton. Really! And I am NOT Gecko45!

We had fights all the time, big crowds, weapons, a couple shootings and once a murder right across the street.

Same thing at the Hardee's off 664 in the industrial park. One night an honest-to-goodness riot with flying newsboxes and smashed windows, several unruly mass crowds not buying anything, once a crowd showed up and swamped the lobby, then started jumping the counter to cook their own burgers. Once of my Officers nearly lost an ear one night because someone threw a ketchup pump at his head, I used a whole medium can of OC and got half way through a trigger press into the crowd before they retreated.

Ah, Lincoln Park on a Friday and Saturday night. Living off of the southern end of LaSalle Ave myself I drive by that Mickey D's and the projects 100 yards to the north sometimes 2 or more times a day including late at night. I can attest to the frequent presence of police there and more so across the street at the delapidated shopping center. Lincoln Park has their own police precinct next to the high rise tower. Not unusual to see 2 or 3 police cars at the shopping center just sitting there after football games at Darling Stadium. Idiots just walk across the street diddyboping along taking there time acting like they want you to almost hit them so they can start something. That area has gotten increasingly worse over the last 40 years. One big $&#@ hole.

Last edited:

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran

I used to work with a guy whose brother murdered that person because he committed the heinous crime of talking to his girlfriend. Nice area. I still hear it referred to as the black mac by people from that area.

paramedic70002

Yep that's the guy, and the place. Happened about 20 years ago. IIRC the getaway driver got the worst sentence, the other shooter and the lookout got a couple years, and the actual triggerman/murderer never went to trial because of witness intimidation. The only reason we didn't witness the shooting was because we were on the other side of the restaurant. The victim's buddy was asleep in a car and missed the whole thing. The victim got shot in the back of the neck. He stopped breathing about the time the engine arrived and died before EMS could get him off the street.

sidestreet

Location, location, and location...,

usually has a lot to do with it, and it doesn't have to be the same locations, just the same element. Haven't worked down in that area before, not lookin' to either! Time of the year, time of the week, time of the day can have a lot to do with it too, and a smart Security Officer has to be in tune to that. I believe there was a Security Officer killed outside of a McDonalds near Belvedere & Broad Streets some years ago. Again, that has been one dang dangerous area for a long time, and it's right up against the VCU campus (as far as I'm concerned, and believe me, I've got plenty of reasons for concern), but the "officials" love to say they are "isolated events", and I guess that's right IF you consider the City of Richmond "isolated", or beatings, muggings, robberies and murders "events"!!!

The very vast majority of folks don't have a clue what goes on in a lot of places, are not privy to the "incident reports", the true depth of criminal activity going on around them, and I suspect that many prefer not to know, because it would wreck their propped up illusions of safety and security. I didn't until I got into the "business", and my eyes were opened. Criminal activity is doing it's own share of dragging this country down, and it has the capability of delivering a death blow not only to us personally, but to our economy and our way of life.

Congratulations on coming away from that fracas with all of your "credentials" and all of your ammo. Nothing fun or funny about any of that, and by the way, I'm not Gecko 45 either.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

Excuse me for violating my own request, but........

Could we please cease commenting on this topic until such time as real information is released? I keep getting my hopes up that more information than the original tease has come out but instead find entertaing but off topic stuff. I want the meat, darn it. I can wait until it is ready to be served but let's drop this line until that steak hits the plate? MmmmKay?:dude:

Thndr

Have there been no updates or are things still in a holding pattern??? I know focus has been on a different topic/matter, just curious.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Ok, here's the latest information: The RPD sent me the stuff in response to a FOIA request that the cigarette-smoking, short-pants wearing OC'r had sent them, and sent me a bill for it. It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that they had a legal duty to send the FOIA stuff to the person who asked for it, or that they gave me a cause of action against them under the Virginia Consumer Protection Act for sending me a bill for something I hadn't ordered. It may also be mail fraud. I'm going to pay the bill so as to preserve my ability to sue them myself.

It turns out that the RPD had a contract with the apartment project to supply officers as quasi-private security. Similar situation as the HGreen/Scottish Games case, and Skidmark's Ferry tale. Not exactly the same but very similar in some respects.

So I've been working on all three figuring out whom to sue and for what. Some folks, like our most cherished Commonwealth's Attorney, Gerald Poindexter, have "judicial immunity", and cities, counties and towns generally have "sovereign immunity". Still working out the details, but I'm close to filing complaints in all three cases.

Contributions to the cause are welcome, though not yet tax-deductible, and I still haven't finished setting up the credit card thing (yes, I'll be sure to tell you when). But in the meanwhile you can send checks to :

Citizens' Defense Rights Institute
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137-0100.

The main reason funds are needed is to cover costs like filing fees, depositions, court reporters, service of process, and stuff like that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The stew thickens -

RPD will likely recall the tale of the little Dutch boy who tilted with windmills and of Don Quixote who saved the nation from flooding :cool:

protias

Ok, here's the latest information: The RPD sent me the stuff in response to a FOIA request that the cigarette-smoking, short-pants wearing OC'r had sent them, and sent me a bill for it. It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that they had a legal duty to send the FOIA stuff to the person who asked for it, or that they gave me a cause of action against them under the Virginia Consumer Protection Act for sending me a bill for something I hadn't ordered. It may also be mail fraud. I'm going to pay the bill so as to preserve my ability to sue them myself.

It turns out that the RPD had a contract with the apartment project to supply officers as quasi-private security. Similar situation as the HGreen/Scottish Games case, and Skidmark's Ferry tale. Not exactly the same but very similar in some respects.

So I've been working on all three figuring out whom to sue and for what. Some folks, like our most cherished Commonwealth's Attorney, Gerald Poindexter, have "judicial immunity", and cities, counties and towns generally have "sovereign immunity". Still working out the details, but I'm close to filing complaints in all three cases.

Contributions to the cause are welcome, though not yet tax-deductible, and I still haven't finished setting up the credit card thing (yes, I'll be sure to tell you when). But in the meanwhile you can send checks to :

Citizens' Defense Rights Institute
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137-0100.

The main reason funds are needed is to cover costs like filing fees, depositions, court reporters, service of process, and stuff like that.

Do you have a paypal account setup at all?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Do you have a paypal account setup at all?

What's a check??

I remember my folks talking about them when a was just a little tad. Think they put them in envelopes and left them in a big metal box at the drug store - strange practice. :p