• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who wants to meet up?

M-Taliesin

I'll Bite!

Howdy Amigo!
I'll be your huckleberry! Whether anybody else wants to meet up or not, I'm always up for meeting folks and sharing experiences with like minded folks. I always carry, and about 90% of the time, I carry open. While I do have my CCW, I just find it much more to my liking to open carry. Just yesterday, my mentor agent demonstrated very good reason to open carry! He illustrated how suddenly an attack can occur by suddenly launching into a simulated attack. Yeah, I decided my handgun would be pretty much useless as it was concealed under my clothing.

So, you have at least one ready to meet up!

All I need is a date, time and place. I'll be there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

S&W BULLRIDER

Well I'm going to talk to the wife and see when I can scoot on out of the house. It's a little hard finding free time between pastoring and having a new born with some "issues" but let's meet up for sure. I will get back to ya'll in the next day or two! I look forward to meeting ya'll!

cgutierrez0688

Would definitely like to join! I haven't OCed yet (due to nervousness) but maybe this could be my chance to start and get comfortable with it alongside fellow carriers! Just need time and location and I'll see what I can do!

M-Taliesin

Would definitely like to join! I haven't OCed yet (due to nervousness) but maybe this could be my chance to start and get comfortable with it alongside fellow carriers! Just need time and location and I'll see what I can do!

Howdy Amigo!
Really, it ain't all that. What you imagine might happen is frequently far more dramatic than what actually happens.
If you'd ever like to get out and about to experience OC in the company of another OC'er, I'd be glad to spend a day running around town with ya'll to get your feet wet, so to speak. Once you see how little attention is paid to your sidearm, it becomes fairly obvious that it just ain't an issue in most places.

Now, back at the topic.... how about that date, time and place for a Meet and Greet?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
It ain't my aim to Shanghai somebody's thread here, but the question has gotten "long in the tooth".
After throwing the proposition open, and gotten a few positive responses, we still haven't actually set about doing anything.
Therefore, I'd like to propose a "meet and greet" here in the vicinity of Aurora. Okay, not the vicinity exactly, but exactly in
Aurora.

If anybody is interested, I'll propose a meet at the Golden Corral located on Mississippi Avenue, just westerly of I-225 by a
couple of miles. To give a bit of lead-in time, plan at high noonish about 1 week from tomorrow, or January 28th for folks that prefer actual dates.

How about it folks? Maybe we can promote the notion and get some folks together. Regardless of any interest or lack thereof, I aim to take my loving woman out to eat, and would take delight in some of ya'll joining up with us!

So that's my plan: January 28th, 12:00pm noon(ish), Golden Corral 11090 E Mississippi Ave, Aurora, CO(303) 306-9171
---------------

If anybody has need, you can reach me at:
mtaliesin@msn.com

So there, I went and put it out there. Come on out and enjoy some luncheon style festivities.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

S&W BULLRIDER

Sorry it has taken me FOREVER to respond. Life has been way hectic, I need a third knee surgery, 2 kids one is a newborn and is disabled, I'm in ministry, and just life in general. Golden coral should work I'm sorry for the delay I wasn't trying to skip out.

M-Taliesin

Sounds good. Thats the same one we went to last time right?

Howdy Amigo!
Yes it is! Exactamundo!
They treated us well, and nobody got uppity about a whole bunch of us running around with sidearms, so I figure they deserve our business.
I will contact their management types this week (likely on Tuesday) to let them know we'll be coming in.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Sorry it has taken me FOREVER to respond. Life has been way hectic, I need a third knee surgery, 2 kids one is a newborn and is disabled, I'm in ministry, and just life in general. Golden coral should work I'm sorry for the delay I wasn't trying to skip out.

Howdy Amigo!
Sorry to hear about your knee. I had my 2nd surgery on my left knee about a year ago, and it hasn't been right since.
That's a whole long story I won't belabor here, but I surely ain't satisfied with how my knee repair left me unsatisfied with their handiwork!

Anyhow, no need to apologize for the delay, I just figured I'd jump in and throw something together so we could have a meet and greet.
Not having heard from you in awhile, I figured you might have fallen off the crust of the earth or something, so in the spirit of trying to be helpful, decided I'd take up some slack. Hope you'll make it to the event, and look forward to meeting you!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin