• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who wants to meet up?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Looking forward to seeing ya'll there tomorrow. I'll be outside before noon so to meet people arriving.

Should be a terrific bit of fun!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

alang

I think everyone had a good time, and it's always nice to be able to put a face with the names. I agree that these gatherings should be done more than every six months.

Red Dawg

Okay. I'll be coming in last week of Feb 27th-02 March. Would like to meet some of my "western buds". Giving better notice this time. I set one up a coons age ago, and we met in the Springs at a Hooters, and tere was a turnout, but I think some shied away from the ladies in orange.. All you can eat wings was a good addition though....Will be in the North Colorado Springs again if anyone is intersted. Would prefer if a "local" picked the spot this time.

Scott

M-Taliesin

Lunch? Dinner? Alcohol a requirement? Would you prefer some "local place" instead of a nationwide chain (always my preference when I'm visiting some place)?

O2

Howdy Amigo!
Consumption of alcohol while armed is a real bad thing that we ought scrupulously avoid.
"Illegal use of a weapon" is the simple act of being in possession of a firearm and doing any drinking whatsoever of alcohol.
Alcohol a requirement? Oh, my stars... I surely hope nobody says yes to that!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Red Dawg

I'm not picky. HOWEVER, even when within the law, I, personally, think it bad form, and bad ambassadorship, to drink while armed, and trying to be a "good citizen". I picked Hooters last time because it was convenient to the hotel I was staying at, and I KNEW they were gun friendly from past trips. I travel to the Springs at least 6 times a year, and have been for years, so I don't care what/where, it's the people...

O2HeN2

I don't drink, period, but the Hooter's reference was the only reason I raised the question -- not knowing if you'd be here unarmed and wanting to drink :) Some people seem to have to drink, I don't understand it, but you being the guest and all, I was willing to accommodate if necessary. Good to know that's not a requirement!

I'm in violent agreement with both of you about not drinking while armed.

O2

Last edited:

JamesB

Howdy Amigo!
Consumption of alcohol while armed is a real bad thing that we ought scrupulously avoid.
"Illegal use of a weapon" is the simple act of being in possession of a firearm and doing any drinking whatsoever of alcohol.
Alcohol a requirement? Oh, my stars... I surely hope nobody says yes to that!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Lord knows that I spent a great deal of time in the past carrying a firearm while unable to legally operate a motor vehicle because of alcohol. I will also clarify that it has been many years since I was that "clouded." I agree it's bad form to put these two things together.
But, just to clarify, it is NOT illegal to carry and consume. Posession of a firearm "while intoxicated" is a crime, but "intoxicated" does not mean "Thou shalt not consume any at all whatsoever."

Again, I agree with you all, just wanted to clarify what the law actually is.

mahkagari

I agree it's bad form to put these two things together.
But, just to clarify, it is NOT illegal to carry and consume. Posession of a firearm "while intoxicated" is a crime, but "intoxicated" does not mean "Thou shalt not consume any at all whatsoever."

But for those of us who shy away from consuming in general for whatever reason, it makes a good excuse without getting into morality/recovery lines of question. To my gun friendly friends, it's an easy way to decline a beer to say, "No, thanks, I'm carrying. I'll take an iced tea, though. :)"

JamesB

Okay. I'll be coming in last week of Feb 27th-02 March. Would like to meet some of my "western buds". Giving better notice this time. I set one up a coons age ago, and we met in the Springs at a Hooters, and tere was a turnout, but I think some shied away from the ladies in orange.. All you can eat wings was a good addition though....Will be in the North Colorado Springs again if anyone is intersted. Would prefer if a "local" picked the spot this time.

Scott

I thought this one needed resurrected. Red gonna be here in two weeks and we aint got nobody to welcome him??
I went down there last time to the Hooter meet up, but from west Denver it's a little bit of a hike to get down there, even on the bike.
So, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

M-Taliesin

I thought this one needed resurrected. Red gonna be here in two weeks and we aint got nobody to welcome him??
I went down there last time to the Hooter meet up, but from west Denver it's a little bit of a hike to get down there, even on the bike.
So, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Howdy Pardner!
Well, Red told us he'd be around say.... the 27th of this month, into the 2nd of the next.
He also indicated he'd be in North Colorado Springs. Risking a great deal of "incoming", the temptation to suggest Golden Corral exists! But that's an entirely differen thread.

What we need is our good buddy Since9, who is positioned to set this up because he's already in Colorado Springs.
Failing that, I'd be happy to arrange something, which ought to be pretty easy as Famous Dave's has accomodated us in the past and likely to be welcoming going forward.

I haven't seen anything additional from Red for awhile, and would be nice to have his input here on his plans and what sort of meet-up he'd enjoy.

We really ought to commence a new thread once we get a couple of things sorted out.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Red Dawg

I'm still a more than willing participant. I've had lots of 'Q from bird dogs. Good place.
I'm at the Marriott up on the hill off 25, by the Rodeo Museum. I'm reasonably familiar with the Springs, and if I get a name and address, I can google and find my way most anywhere.
I get into town afternoon of 27th, and fly out Thursday night now...Gotta head to Denver and catch the red eye. So any evening is good with me.

M-Taliesin

I'm still a more than willing participant. I've had lots of 'Q from bird dogs. Good place.

Howdy Pard!
Ever tried Famous Dave's? It is terrific food and a real nice ambiance to their place as well.
I've never tried Bird Dog's, but did look at their website. Looks like it could be awkward if a bunch of us showed up. We'd spend half our time shoveing tables together LOL!!!

Okay, you C-Springs folks.... how about somebody check on the attitude of various places regarding entertaining a crowd of openly armed men and women? Has anybody checked Bird Dogs to see what their attitude is? I know Famous Dave's was totally accomodating to us when we visited last, right after helping Since9 move to a new apartment. Since I know already that they are accomodating of open carry, how about somebody volunteer to check Bird Dog's out?

Meanwhile, back at the BBQ pit, I am only able to go on Tuesday evening during that particular week. So maybe we could do it on a Tuesday?
Prolly doesn't work for the majority.

Let's see if we can get this thing happening.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Red Dawg

Well, let's do Tuesday night, and skip Bird Dogs. It is a small place, but we also don't know who is wanting to come. We also have some time. If we get a headcount, we can decide from there. I look forward to meeting and talking to ya'll more than worrying about what we eat. Food is the bonus.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Tuesday It Is! Feb 28. Location TBD

Tuesday works for me, as well.

If you like barbecue, Famous Dave's is good barbecue.

Lot's of options, though. Go to Google Maps and copy and paste this: restaurants loc: Colorado Springs, CO 80919

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Okay, so I will create a new thread to promote a meet and greet at Famous Dave's on Tuesday, the 28th.
Too bad it is less than a week from today, but I was hoping somebody would organize the thing who is already down in the Springs.
That's okay, I can do the honors, I just didn't want to step on anybody's toes who might want to take the lead on this thing.

So, I'm off to create a new thread to promote this event.

I figure to give it a title like Colorado Springs Meet and Greet!

Look for it, and let's RSVP there on that new thread.

Thanks folks!
M-Taliesin