Thread: Question about Suntran in Tucson

Question about Suntran in Tucson

I have searched around but I'm not finding what I am looking for. I live in Tucson and I think I have ridden the bus (Suntran) one time in the near decade I have lived here. It looks like I am going to need to hop on a bus next week to go get my motorcycle out of the shop. Does anyone know if Suntran has a problem with open or concealed carry? I plan to have my Glock on my belt and my jacket is a little short so it probably won't be completely concealed. I prefer not to get kicked off the bus for a stupid reason because someone is dropping me off at a stop that is a few miles away from my home. I am trying to figure out if I can carry without issue or if I am going to have to leave my Glock at home. Anyone?

Carrying on Sun Tran

Sun Tran busses are not posted, and they do not have secure storage. Therefore, they do not ban open or concealed carry.

I ride occasionally with my bicycle, to pick up or drop off a vehicle for service. I always open carry, and no one has said boo to me. Frequently ride the bike with a shoulder rig on...

Last trip I asked the driver. He said that Sun Tran leaves it up to the driver if a person looks dangerous, to refuse the ride.

Haven't tried bringing the rifle on the bus yet.....

Anyhoo, my .02 worth..

Respectfully,
    Charles Heller
    charles@libertywatchradio.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 08 CH Fold Bike.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	7730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFH 3 07 Rally Bike.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	7731  

I noticed, too - Tucson Suntran buses are not posted. The few times I had to use a bus, I did OC and no one said anything to me.

As always, YMMV.