• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Suntran in Tucson

Mojo

I have searched around but I'm not finding what I am looking for. I live in Tucson and I think I have ridden the bus (Suntran) one time in the near decade I have lived here. It looks like I am going to need to hop on a bus next week to go get my motorcycle out of the shop. Does anyone know if Suntran has a problem with open or concealed carry? I plan to have my Glock on my belt and my jacket is a little short so it probably won't be completely concealed. I prefer not to get kicked off the bus for a stupid reason because someone is dropping me off at a stop that is a few miles away from my home. I am trying to figure out if I can carry without issue or if I am going to have to leave my Glock at home. Anyone?

Carrying on Sun Tran

Sun Tran busses are not posted, and they do not have secure storage. Therefore, they do not ban open or concealed carry.

I ride occasionally with my bicycle, to pick up or drop off a vehicle for service. I always open carry, and no one has said boo to me. Frequently ride the bike with a shoulder rig on...

Last trip I asked the driver. He said that Sun Tran leaves it up to the driver if a person looks dangerous, to refuse the ride.

Haven't tried bringing the rifle on the bus yet.....

Anyhoo, my .02 worth..

Respectfully,
Charles Heller
charles@libertywatchradio.com

Attachments

• 8 08 CH Fold Bike.jpg
    8 08 CH Fold Bike.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 189
  • CFH 3 07 Rally Bike.jpg
    CFH 3 07 Rally Bike.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184

GWbiker

I noticed, too - Tucson Suntran buses are not posted. The few times I had to use a bus, I did OC and no one said anything to me.

As always, YMMV.