• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question regarding shotgun adapters

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

09jisaac

See Rule 14:

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC

Not "(14) LONG GUN DISCUSSION IS OFF TOPIC"

The owner of this forum understands that we are gun enthusiasts. He don't seem to mind long gun discussion as long as it isn't potentially damaging our cause of OCing.

I do think that the adapters would be SAFE to use but I wouldn't advise it.

jayspapa

You do understand that all the adapters listed are so you can shoot other ammo out of a 12Ga. shotgun right?

While it might be safe to shoot a .44 mag ( or any of the other Cal. listed ) out of a 12GA using the adapters , there is no way you could achieve any kind of accuracy . The adapters that allow you to shoot a 20Ga or a .410 out of a 12Ga. might have some merit though.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
You do understand that all the adapters listed are so you can shoot other ammo out of a 12Ga. shotgun right?

While it might be safe to shoot a .44 mag ( or any of the other Cal. listed ) out of a 12GA using the adapters , there is no way you could achieve any kind of accuracy . The adapters that allow you to shoot a 20Ga or a .410 out of a 12Ga. might have some merit though.

Yes, I know. And I was looking to use it more for shooting a 20g or .410 out of my 12g. My wife doesn't like to shoot the 12g due to recoil (even though it has a recoil reducer on it that works extremely well) and I'm thinking that smaller sized ammo would work well for her. Also, I'd like to start my kids with shooting a real gun since they have excelled at gun safety with their bb guns and .410 would be perfect for them.

jeeper1

I've got some and they work fine. They will with a second adapter work great in flare pistols, that is the way I usually use them.

jeeper1

I shoot pistol cartridges using the adapters in my flare guns. It is illegal to shoot shotgun shells out of flare guns. Doing that would make the flare gun a unregistered short barreled shotgun.

Last edited: