• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing, MI homeowner shoots, kills gunman

lil_freak_66

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/...s_One_And_Injures_At_Least_One_136888693.html

Stephan Ward was still awake at 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning, having a chat with his son. That's when he heard a strange noise coming from the house directly across the street: "I kept hearing this banging...I found out later that the neighbor across the street had shot someone, and that he'd been shot too."Three men were welcomed inside the house at 711 Baker St. where an argument got heated. One of the three men shot the resident several times. Then, the host pulled his own firearm which he used to shoot and kill one of the men. The remaining two took off in a vehicle, according to neighbors. "One of the weapons is still outstanding so it's possible that somebody picked it up and took it with them," explains Lansing Sgt. David Ellis. "We feel it's possible that one of the subjects that left may be wounded however we can't confirm that."The injured resident of the house made his way to his next-door neighbor's home where he had them call 911. He was rushed to the hospital where his relatives say he is doing well.

No arrests have been made yet, but police tell us with fingerprint and cell phone tracking, they are making head-way.

sounds like it could be a legal self defense, article doesnt give many details. this area is the worst area of the city so anything is definitely possible....

lil_freak_66

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...rested-Baker-Street-shooting?odyssey=obinsite

update, the two accomplices of the man that was deceased have been charged with murder,one is still on the run.

no word at all about homeowner being charged or not charged yet, but the way its looking, i think it will come out as justified

honestly, im not even entirely sure if the homeowner is the one that shot the deceased, or if it was one of the accomplices, either way...one less bad guy on the streets.

Last edited: