Thread: Electronic Arts: 1A protects us from TM law, but not you

Electronic Arts: 1A protects us from TM law, but not you

For those that do not know, Electronic Arts is a video game publisher and one of the big companies that supports SOPA.

Electronic Arts is now suing for first amendment protections that would allow them to infringement on another company's trademarks.

http://kotaku.com/5874076/ea-invokes...05621#comments

Sounds like time to Boycott EA

In general, what rights are retained when a company sells its product to the military?

I think this issue is not as clear as many make it out to be.

What about the likeness of the Beretta 92FS pistol, purchased by the military as the M9 sidearm? Does one need Beretta's permission to feature it in a military video game?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    In general, what rights are retained when a company sells its product to the military?

What about the likeness of the Beretta 92FS pistol, purchased by the military as the M9 sidearm? Does one need Beretta's permission to feature it in a military video game?
    In general nothing can really be said of retained rights. Sometimes the govt requires and gets all rights in the purchase, sometimes they pay for most of the development and still only get the end product with no rights.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

I think that may be why a lot of developers change the names of some guns in games. Ever notice how just about every video game has at least one weapon named incorrectly? That can't just always be a mistake.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    ...Ever notice how just about every video game has at least one weapon named incorrectly?...
    Not owning any since Pac-Man, it would be hard to notice, sorry...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip