• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

places to shoot east of denver

andrewmt1587

I am looking for a new place to go shooting. Me and my next door neighbor where goin to one of his friends properties but with him in the hospital and me not knowing his friend i don't want to go somewhere uninvited. So if you guys know of any places i can go without actually going to range that would be great. Most of if not all the gun clubs out here won't let you use thier pistol ranges unless your a member from what i have read on thier websites. The public can only use thier trap and skeet ranges. So that is not an option unless i become a member. I know of a few ranges west of denver but i'm looking for something close by just to do some target shooting. I havent been out here but 5 months and dont know many people.

M-Taliesin

I am looking for a new place to go shooting. Me and my next door neighbor where goin to one of his friends properties but with him in the hospital and me not knowing his friend i don't want to go somewhere uninvited. So if you guys know of any places i can go without actually going to range that would be great. Most of if not all the gun clubs out here won't let you use thier pistol ranges unless your a member from what i have read on thier websites. The public can only use thier trap and skeet ranges. So that is not an option unless i become a member. I know of a few ranges west of denver but i'm looking for something close by just to do some target shooting. I havent been out here but 5 months and dont know many people.

Howdy Pilgrim!
I'd suggest the Firing Line. They have pistol ranges for members, and ranges for non-members. Plus it is indoors so you can enjoy shooting regardless the weather. They do charge a range fee, and ask that your weapon be cased or brought in with the action open and unloaded, but you can certainly go there and shoot.

I know you asked for a place that ain't a range, but aside from Firing Line, I don't know of any particular locations locally where you can just go shoot without permission. If you're looking east of Denver, the answer might be Kansas!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

Howdy Pilgrim!
I'd suggest the Firing Line. They have pistol ranges for members, and ranges for non-members. Plus it is indoors so you can enjoy shooting regardless the weather. They do charge a range fee, and ask that your weapon be cased or brought in with the action open and unloaded, but you can certainly go there and shoot.

I know you asked for a place that ain't a range, but aside from Firing Line, I don't know of any particular locations locally where you can just go shoot without permission. If you're looking east of Denver, the answer might be Kansas!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Hell, I thought everything east of 225 was Kansas.

Well, that's what it looks like anyway.