• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry question

GAMER80116

Hi all,
I have a buddy coming out from Virginia and of course, Colorado doesn't have a reciprocity agreement for concealed carry with that state. I open carry all of the time, and I was wondering if he is legally "allowed" to open carry while he is out here visiting (I will lend him one of my pistols). This may be a question with an obvious answer, but I know how some people (LEO's included) are out here where I live and I want to make sure I have my bases covered. This forum has always been a great resource for me. Thanks in advance!

Red Dawg

I'm from virginia, and travel to Colorado Springs regularly, and have open carried on about 50% of my trips, and have never had an issue. Even attended an open carry gathering once... ;) Legally, the law doesn't differentiate, and unless you are driving, you have no need for an ID, so no real way of them telling where you are from.

M-Taliesin

I'm from virginia, and travel to Colorado Springs regularly, and have open carried on about 50% of my trips, and have never had an issue. Even attended an open carry gathering once... ;) Legally, the law doesn't differentiate, and unless you are driving, you have no need for an ID, so no real way of them telling where you are from.

Howdy Pard!
Well, that ain't exactly true. You Virginians have a funny accent ya know.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Gunslinger

Howdy Pard!
Well, that ain't exactly true. You Virginians have a funny accent ya know.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

"from where you are" would be grammatically correct and sounds even funnier. (more funny...) Remember, the Old Dominion still thinks the Civil War was a draw....:> (Lived there for 5 years.)