• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LaX Trib. Editor Emeritus Dave Zweifel: Secrecy shields gun law’s impact

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/opi...c-38aa-11e1-9f8d-001871e3ce6c.html?mode=story
D. Zweifel said:
More importantly, does allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons actually deter crime, as its supporters have long insisted, or does the new law cause even more public safety problems?

We will never be able to answer such questions as long as Wisconsin keeps these records secret.

Openly carried guns have been legal at least since the amendment to the Wisconsin Constitution that added Article I Section 25. The many law enforcement, social and gun control agencies have squeezed each datum from the public as rhythm for the bloody dance. Now we have a sharp change in the armed population and the effect on the many crime rates will be sharper than its critics.

Read John R. Lott, Jr. More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws. Wisconsin is not a leader or alone in this sea change in social policy.

Gun control by the progs or the statists is merely another control. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.