• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starting the New Year off right--Baltmore Style...

Murphy

But remember...it can't be "gun crime"...right?....right?

Why are the crickets chirping?

Dreamer

Baltimore homicide count hits 75.

The last week saw more murders in Baltimore than there were days in the week, including 4 on Sunday...

And one was a purely fictional, made up story of the murder of a man who was shot to death on the grounds of a public elementary school, which we know just couldn't have POSSIBLY happened, because MD State and Federal laws prohibit guns on school property...

http://baltimorecrime.blogspot.com/

http://baltimorecrime.blogspot.com/

Sig229

Well, from the looks of it, Baltimore will easily top 200+ homicides this year.
Not shabby for a city thats only 1/12th the size of New York city and may I add more murder per capital than NYC too.

Dreamer

According to news reports, the Baltimore homicide count hit 95 today.

Way to go, O'Malley, Gansler, and Rawlings-Blake...

neverender

Dreamer

3 murders last week, I shudder to think what downtown / the harbor will be like with the 4th being this Wednesday. I certainly wouldn't go unarmed, though collateral damage is a concern with the huge crowds. I guess I'll need to make a couple mags worth of light loads or just stay home.

You couldn't pay me to go to Baltimore or DC for the 4th.

We'll probably be staying home, or going out to Westminster to the Wine Festival, for their fireworks show. The crowd there is much better behaved...

Sig229

We'll probably be staying home, or going out to Westminster to the Wine Festival, for their fireworks show.

I went to that a few years a go and had a good time. I dont know of you have kids, but they usually have stuff for the kids to do as well.

But yeah, Westminster is a much better option over Baltimore for a civilized 4th celebration.
Timonium Fair grounds also has a nice wine festival too. But I dont remember what date they have theirs.