• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police kill open carrier in Nevada, is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed2276

Ed, will you marry me? Just kidding. I've been happily married to the same old fart for 30 years come next month. It's my way of saying RIGHT ON!!

LOL TigerLily. I am married too... a newlywed as of 12/30/2011. But, I do appreciate the "RIGHT ON!" Congrats on your upcoming 30th anniversary!

It wasn't so long ago that I was a worshiper of state violence, believing in the myths of cops and soldiers as heroes. Ian Freeman,Ademo and Pete were among those who started to open my eyes to the reality of what was really going on. Stefan Molyneux opened my eyes with his "gun in the room" speeches. Howard Zinn opened my eyes with his expose on the U.S. military slaughter of the Filipinos after having set them "free" from Spanish occupation following the Spanish-American war.

Once the myths of heroism, patriotism, American Exceptionalism, etc. fall as scales from one's eyes, the reality of what is really going on...police and military violence, murder, and mayhem against the innocent...the true nature of the state cannot be denied. One cannot ever look on the state and its agents in the same way ever again; that is, one can no longer be blinded by anthems, pomp, parades, etc. and deluded into seeing the state and its agents as anything but the thugs and murderers they are.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This thread has taken a definite turn beyond the purpose and intent of OCDO. We shall not provide a forum to list/rant what some perceive as normal, routine or everyday misconduct by those in our law enforcement community. Contrary to that position, we hold that by and large those that chose and live that avocation are good and honorable men and women.

More importantly the direct connection, when is expressed in the manner as some posts above, is outside the parameters of OCDO - normalizing OC in our everyday lives. Such a general thread might be tolerated in the Social Lounge but not within the state/other sub-forums. Individual news items of events that occur in a particular state being obviously on target if the stay on topic. The needed element is to speak to the facts and neither emotionalize, aggrandize nor generalize such as being typical of all LEOs or LEAs.

Locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.