• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show 01/21 & 22 /12

scott58dh

Jan. 21 & 22 there is a Gun Show in Augusta Civic Center. Saturday Hours are 9-5 / Sunday Hrs. 9-2 Admission = $8

Maine CWP Training

FYI ~ The Augusta Civic Center is city owned therefore it does not fall under state owned property restrictions regarding open or concealed carry like the state owned Augusta Armory.

Carry at your will.

boyscout399

FYI ~ The Augusta Civic Center is city owned therefore it does not fall under state owned property restrictions regarding open or concealed carry like the state owned Augusta Armory.

Carry at your will.

Do they have a license to serve alcohol for on premises consumption? If they do they could still ban it.

Maine CWP Training

I have been there each year and open and concealed carry when you shortly took your diapers off.

NEVER SAW A BAN SIGN ~ OUR WEB SITE OFFERS OUR OPINION ~ NEVER MIX... GO THERE AND BE INFORMED

Last edited:

boyscout399

I have been there each year and open and concealed carry when you shortly took your diapers off.

Do they post to prohibit it? If they don't post then it's no problem. But if they post AND they have the license to serve alcohol, then you can't.

I'm not saying they do post, and I don't even know if they have a license to serve. I'm just asking the question. I wouldn't want someone to inadvertantly commit a class D crime which involves their permit being pulled and being ineligible for 5 years.

Last edited:

Maine CWP Training

Never had an issue at the welcoming. I did have an issue at the inn next door with a naked woman banging on my door at 11:30 at night during the Maine Sportsman's Show...

jonjon_jon

Did any of our members go to the Show? How was it? Was it a good time?
Did anyone buy any new toys?

If you carried concealed we don't want to know about it on this forum!