• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson Arizona group trying to ban magazines to 10 rounds

OC for ME

In increments of 5 and 10. Because boxes of defensive ammo never have a even number of rounds other than ending in zero, I hate having a partial row left in the box.

FallonJeeper

She still retains her title even if she no longer holds the post....same with president and many other titles.

She can't retain a title she never had. She was Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Arizona's 8th district, Member of the Arizona Senate from the 28th district and Member of the Arizona House of Representatives from the 13th district, but never a Governor.

Gunslinger

I was watching NWCN tonight and they had a story about the one year anniversary of the Tucson Arizona shooting, it had a very negative anti gun message. They showed pictures and videos of people holding candles and ringing bells while they recited gun related death and injury statistics and did nothing to cover the actual gathering held today in Tucson. The story focused on a Arizona biased group trying to get the federal government to restrict all magazines to hold no more than 10 rounds of ammo. The groups argument is because the shooter in Tucson was tackled during reloading fewer people would have been killed and injured if he was limited to how many rounds he could shoot. The story did not make it clear if survivor Governor Giffords would be supporting the group but anytime a politician as a reason to go after gun owners I get nervous. I could not find a video of the broadcast on the CWCN website only the link below, unfortunately the link below does not deal with the same issues the broadcast did. Something ells for us to watch out for http://www.nwcn.com/news/Giffords-Tucson-mark-1-year-since-deadly-rampage-136908153.html

She was never Governor, but is a Congresswoman and pro-gun. This is the same tired BS that the draft dodger in chief jammed down our throats, and President Bush ended. So I can only shoot someone 10 times instead of 13 with my Hi-Powers. Wow. Once again, the utter stupidity of the sheep subjects comes to light.

IndianaBoy79

I stand corrected. I obviously need to pay better attention to little details like that. For some reason I had Brewer on my mind while reading that.

Kirbinator

If a homeowner who respects the law gets shot while reloading after shooting his 10 rounds by a home invader who uses a 50-round magazine and therefore doesn't need to reload as often? Oh well, a little collateral damage is to be expected when you're tough on crime, right?

We've got to do everything we can to get these high-capacity magazines out of the hands of common people. My word, a home-owner might stand a chance against a squad of trained killers loaded with fully-automatic weapons each with a twenty round magazine! (Hint: 61 shots fired vs 0.)

:banghead::cuss:

HKcarrier

...except that Loughner WASN'T tackled while reloading. He successfully reloaded and was tackled and disarmed when his gun JAMMED.

The "tackled while reloading" claim is an outright lie that should be disputed whenever it appears. Come on, people! If an article or comment says this, call them on it! Don't let that lie go unchallenged!

+1

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/09/nation/la-na-0110-gabrielle-giffords-20110110

LA Times said:
Loughner fired all 31 bullets in the magazine and was reloading when a woman in the crowd, already wounded, attempted to grab the gun from him. He finally changed the magazine and tried to fire, but the gun jammed. Meanwhile, two men from the crowd grabbed him and subdued him, officials said.

Even so... wow... takes so much time to swap a mag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lP_Gu4Ays&feature=related

or this guy at :27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHUZuyQjH8

Last edited: