Thread: Early morning robbery on VCU campus

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Early morning robbery on VCU campus

Whatcha got to say about this Lori?

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - VCU Police are warning students to be on alert after two students were robbed.
    It happened around 1:45 in the morning of January 9, in the 500 block of West Broad Street.
    Campus police say five or six guys in their late teens or early twenties approached the two students and demanded their wallets.
    If you know anything that can help police call the VCU Police Department at 828-1234.

"Guy's, I don't have any of those devalued dead presidents, gold or even silver. However, I do have copper as much as each of you can stand to hold.
    Who would like to get their fair share first. Don't worry there's more than enough for everyone to get seconds."
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    "Guy's, I don't have any of those devalued dead presidents, gold or even silver. However, I do have copper as much as each of you can stand to hold.
    Who would like to get their fair share first. Don't worry there's more than enough for everyone to get seconds."
    Yes, but then the spewspaper would not be publishing "If you know anything that can help police call the VCU Police Department at 828-1234." Instead, there would be something to the effect that the police followed a brown trail until they found five or six guys in their late teens or early twenties cowering in an abandoned basement.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

You mean to say that the University, having enacted positive regulations against those students' right to defend themselves thereby assuming a duty to protect them, negligently failed in that duty, proximately causing the students' actual damages? Looks like a cause of action under the Virginia Tort Claims Act to me.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

There goes my appetite.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

^^^
    I went blind... temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    You mean to say that the University, having enacted positive regulations against those students' right to defend themselves thereby assuming a duty to protect them, negligently failed in that duty, proximately causing the students' actual damages? Looks like a cause of action under the Virginia Tort Claims Act to me.
    Exactly!!! I have a lot of friends that attend VCU and get the alerts, every time I see something like this happen it upsets me.