• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Early morning robbery on VCU campus

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Whatcha got to say about this Lori?

33w.gif

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - VCU Police are warning students to be on alert after two students were robbed.
It happened around 1:45 in the morning of January 9, in the 500 block of West Broad Street.
Campus police say five or six guys in their late teens or early twenties approached the two students and demanded their wallets.
If you know anything that can help police call the VCU Police Department at 828-1234.

Marco

"Guy's, I don't have any of those devalued dead presidents, gold or even silver. However, I do have copper as much as each of you can stand to hold.
Who would like to get their fair share first. Don't worry there's more than enough for everyone to get seconds." :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Guy's, I don't have any of those devalued dead presidents, gold or even silver. However, I do have copper as much as each of you can stand to hold.
Who would like to get their fair share first. Don't worry there's more than enough for everyone to get seconds." :lol:

Yes, but then the spewspaper would not be publishing "If you know anything that can help police call the VCU Police Department at 828-1234." Instead, there would be something to the effect that the police followed a brown trail until they found five or six guys in their late teens or early twenties cowering in an abandoned basement.

stay safe.

user

Accomplished Advocate
You mean to say that the University, having enacted positive regulations against those students' right to defend themselves thereby assuming a duty to protect them, negligently failed in that duty, proximately causing the students' actual damages? Looks like a cause of action under the Virginia Tort Claims Act to me.

Sangre

You mean to say that the University, having enacted positive regulations against those students' right to defend themselves thereby assuming a duty to protect them, negligently failed in that duty, proximately causing the students' actual damages? Looks like a cause of action under the Virginia Tort Claims Act to me.

Exactly!!! I have a lot of friends that attend VCU and get the alerts, every time I see something like this happen it upsets me.