• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone else OC while cycling?

Vitaeus

The "in" or "on" discussion is still being debated, no spcific case law that I have seen cited 'round here. Myself I would more go with

RCW 9.41.060
Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

Tawnos

bikecarry.JPG

Tawnos

Hopefully this year me and my best friend will be attempting the STP also, hopefully.

One thing to consider that sucks about the Cascade events is that they often have stops at elementary and middle schools. Depending if you parse 9.41.280(1)'s "while being used exclusively by public or private schools" to apply to only "facilities" or to the rest of that clause, you may (you likely) have to skip a number of stops or park outside and walk in, leaving your firearm with someone outside the defense-free zone.

What really sucks is that if the exclusively clause does apply only to facilities, that means even when the school is being rented for a private function during summer vacation, that zone somehow magically applies, even if the intended "think of the children" purpose is not even relevant.

*edit* Another thing, I OC at Gerk's Issaquah cyclery all the time and the guys there are awesome, in case you're in the seattle eastside region and need a shop that isn't full of "omg what's that" people. Plus, their shop is nice.

Last edited:

jeeper1

I OC at Mikes bikes in Sequim. They are OK with it.
I don't have a bicycle but do go there for accessories and tire repairs on one of my mobility scooters.
And fwiw I OC while riding on the Olympic Discovery Trail, all 28+ miles of it.