• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

holster for springfield xd 40

andrewmt1587

Hi, I am looking for a new holster for my xd 40 the one it came with just doesn't seem up to par. If you could point me in the direction to find one that'd be awesome. I have looked at local stores like gander mtn and bass pro shot but haven't found much that has caught my eye. Price isn't a huge deal but i'd rather not spend more than 70 on it unless I just cant go with out it. thanks for the help in advance.

4angrybadgers

I OC my subcompact XD40 in a Blackhawk Serpa. (I also carry a full-size 1911 in a Serpa, for what that's worth.) Optics Planet, Cheaper Than Dirt, MidwayUSA, etc. all should carry holsters at decent prices.

HighFlyingA380

I OC my subcompact XD40 in a Blackhawk Serpa. (I also carry a full-size 1911 in a Serpa, for what that's worth.) Optics Planet, Cheaper Than Dirt, MidwayUSA, etc. all should carry holsters at decent prices.
^^^ Agree ^^^ I absolutely love my Blackhawk Sportster. I got mine on eBay from Optics Planet for like 20 bucks. My second choice was gonna be a Safariland, but I feel that the thumb break might get caught up in clothing and wouldn't be the best option. Just my thought, I have no practical use with one.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Is it the XD40 or the XD40(m)? There are a lot of good holsters out there for both. Do you prefer kydex or leather? What kind of retention are you looking for? Give us some details to go on.

andrewmt1587

It is the xd40 with the 4 inch barrel. I would prefer leather but I would also like to have and extra clip pouch on the holster and I don't think i have seen any leather holsters with one so I can go either way with it being leather or not. I would also like it to have a thumb break. I have been looking at a few on optics planet and cheaper than dirt. but if you have anymore suggestions i would be more than happy to take a look. Thank you.