Thread: Maricopa County SE Library - No Weapons Allowed/Secured Storage Issue

Maricopa County SE Library - No Weapons Allowed/Secured Storage Issue

Stopped by the Maricopa County Library in Gilbert a couple of weeks ago and noticed that they are posted, "No weapons Allowed." They do not offer temporary secure storage that I could find, and I looked kept my eyes open while I walked around. Aren't political subdivisions of the State, such as this library as it is operated by Maricopa County, required to provide storage if they are to prohibit weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Saiyan View Post
    Stopped by the Maricopa County Library in Gilbert a couple of weeks ago and noticed that they are posted, "No weapons Allowed." They do not offer temporary secure storage that I could find, and I looked kept my eyes open while I walked around. Aren't political subdivisions of the State, such as this library as it is operated by Maricopa County, required to provide storage if they are to prohibit weapons?
    I'm not sure. But I do know that the Prescott City Library provides lockboxes.

Arizona Law 13-3102.01 Provides that Storage SHALL be Offered for Public Establishments which Elect to Prohibit Deadly Weapons Pursuant to Arizona Law 13-3102(A)(10).

I passed your post on to the rest of AzCDL's Board. This issue is a big deal with us and we are pushing for changes this year.

Fred

Follow-up request. Please send an email to president@AzCDL.org (Dave Kopp) detailing what you encountered. The more documentation we have about this stuff, the better our position at the Legislature.

Everyone reading this - If you encounter local government or agencies flaunting the storage requirements, please contact Dave (president@azcdl.org).

Thanks,
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    Follow-up request. Please send an email to president@AzCDL.org (Dave Kopp) detailing what you encountered. The more documentation we have about this stuff, the better our position at the Legislature.

Everyone reading this - If you encounter local government or agencies flaunting the storage requirements, please contact Dave (president@azcdl.org).

Thanks,
    Fred
    Fred,

I sent the email detailing the incident.

Thanks