• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd today...my first time

HolyOrangeJuice

Did like the title said. Went to the range for some practice and then needed some gas. Decided to OC for my first time at *The Store* gas station. No one freaked out. A couple people noticed and smiled. That was about it. Nervous...but felt good to finally do it.

gdyslin

I have yet to CC since I got my permit. Much easier and way more comfortable to just put on my holser as normal. I do CC in car though since it is normally in my console.

HolyOrangeJuice

yes, one can be nervous the 1st time you OC...helps to go with someone also. Let me know if youd like some accompanyment sometime... and congrats!

If anyone feels like going to get a cup of joe or something near me I'd be glad to join them.

HolyOrangeJuice

A Question

I knew the laws inside and out before CC came along. I cannot get a CC permit (age limit). I have read about what happened the MKEgal (sorry if name is wrong) so I did unload and case before getting back in my vehicle just to be safe.

I have also read some of the DOJ faq stuff. Can anyone clarify what has changed if anything for people who OC without a permit? Also is a local city park a "no carry zone"?

Thanks

The_Pennsylvanian

HOJ , you should be fine in Parks , I haven't seen or heard anything , and State Law pre-empts local stuff. City Hall and the Library ( wth ?! ) are off-limits though . . . . posted .

As far as the other question , I have no law degree , but I would say you'd be better off doing the " Carry Dance " in and out of the vehicle until that 21 b-day rolls around and you can get your ticket.

I'm up for coffee , but until tax return time the only thing I have to Open Carry is a BB gun !:lol:

HolyOrangeJuice

HOJ , you should be fine in Parks , I haven't seen or heard anything , and State Law pre-empts local stuff. City Hall and the Library ( wth ?! ) are off-limits though . . . . posted .

As far as the other question , I have no law degree , but I would say you'd be better off doing the " Carry Dance " in and out of the vehicle until that 21 b-day rolls around and you can get your ticket.

I'm up for coffee , but until tax return time the only thing I have to Open Carry is a BB gun !:lol:

Thats what I want to know for sure. Should be can lead to problems if it isn't a 100% guarantee.

Lol they make em look real now a days. Maybe yell bang and scare the bad guys away:banana:

The_Pennsylvanian

The one here in marshfield. I'm guessing it is that one anyway since our location is the same.

Yes , the Marshfield Public Library , sorry , I should have specified. Interestingly enough , it is the EXACT same sign that is posted on City Hall . . . . I noticed the one at the Library Friday when I went there to open the meeting room , ( President of the Marshfield Amateur Radio Club and we hold our meetings there , ) and the one at City Hall on Monday when I went to pay my property taxes .