Thread: Pepper spray and general non-firearm self defence

Pepper spray and general non-firearm self defence

Hi everyone, Ali from Britain here. You're probably aware that Britain has among the most draconian firearms laws of any democracy. But how many of you knew that less lethals are illegal too? In fact, carrying ANYTHING in public that could be used as a weapon is illegal. Most people I've spoken to agree with this, and it's been looking like getting even pepper spray legalised is going to be an uphill struggle.

I'm not exactly a big guy. As in 5'4", 120 lbs not-big. I'd gladly carry a canister of OC in my pocket ready for the inevitable scumbag you meet in Britain's urban areas. If it was legal. Ideally, it would be a Colt Officer's ACP or a Glock 33, but beggars can't be choosers... at the moment you would have to improvise a weapon using - for example - a set of keys or your mobile phone as a blunt force weapon. And then you might get done for using "excessive force".

Really not a nice place to live, I wouldn't recommend it...
    Last edited by Ali3nat0r; 01-09-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali3nat0r View Post
    Hi everyone, Ali from Britain here. You're probably aware that Britain has among the most draconian firearms laws of any democracy. But how many of you knew that less lethals are illegal too? In fact, carrying ANYTHING in public that could be used as a weapon is illegal. Most people I've spoken to agree with this, and it's been looking like getting even pepper spray legalised is going to be an uphill struggle.

I'm not exactly a big guy. As in 5'4", 120 lbs not-big. I'd gladly carry a canister of OC in my pocket ready for the inevitable scumbag you meet in Britain's urban areas. If it was legal. Ideally, it would be a Colt Officer's ACP or a Glock 33, but beggars can't be choosers... at the moment you would have to improvise a weapon using - for example - a set of keys or your mobile phone as a blunt force weapon. And then you might get done for using "excessive force".

Really not a nice place to live, I wouldn't recommend it...
    ... And remind us all what these wonderful laws "for your own good" have done to the violent crime rate over there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

A very nice improvised weapon is a large padlock on a heavey nylon strap about a foot long. makes a heck of a impact weapon. Its very useful to lock things up also

It is not only sad on a personal level what has happened in Britain, but it is also an affront to history. How does an entire nation in just a few generations forget begging for personal weapons from the US to defend the Islands from a possible Axis invasion because draconian firearm restrictions follow The Great War had decimated the UK's ability to defend herself.

Banned
    I thought you guys had a monarchy?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Pepper spray is illegal in England.

(b)any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing;.....

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/5

Further, this user has been determined to be a spammer.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.