Thread: Everett, WA Homeowner shoots burglar

Everett, WA Homeowner shoots burglar

Burglar thought home was empty, or maybe not!
    http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Susp...136961443.html
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Law Enforcement is Psychic in Everett?

How could law enforcement have any idea whether the burglar thought the home was empty or not?

They certainly could not ask him.

is it me or does alot of the break-ins/burglary happens in poor/middle class neighborhoods??

people living in those type of homes, the one shown in the link, have no money or valuables whatsoever. it's very rare for someone to have valuables if they are living in those type of homes.

if i was a thief, i would hit higher middle class neighborhoods or the rich area.

makes me wonder what is going on in their brain (the burglar)..

fluoride is a b!tch..

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    How could law enforcement have any idea whether the burglar thought the home was empty or not?

No car in the driveway, shades drawn, and newspaper in the driveway.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by twindragons View Post
    is it me or does alot of the break-ins/burglary happens in poor/middle class neighborhoods??

people living in those type of homes, the one shown in the link, have no money or valuables whatsoever. it's very rare for someone to have valuables if they are living in those type of homes.

if i was a thief, i would hit higher middle class neighborhoods or the rich area.

fluoride is a b!tch..
    The rich usually have alarm systems, and they use them.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

fluoride is a b!tch..
    so your saying because the house isn't "fancy and newer" that there isn't anything of value in it. That is wrong and unfair. Maybe he's a millionaire. Maybe he bought a cheaper house so he could afford nicer things to go in it like a big screen. Maybe he's a gun collector. You don't know so you shouldn't judge. And its like the other post said, rich people have alarm systems and security cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    No car in the driveway, shades drawn, and newspaper in the driveway.
    They can only speculate. For them to make a statement of what the burglar thought is wrong. It seemed to have been done to disparage the lawful homeowner that used a firearm for self defense. The tone of the police was like, well, yeah the guy was legal to shoot the burglar but the burglar did not intend to break in to an occupied home. Is this an attempt to mitigate the circumstances and make the burglar sound like a better person? Perhaps undeserving of being shot? That is the slant I got from the article.

From the article: "Snohomish County Sheriff's deputies said the burglar broke into a house on the 10500 block of 21st Avenue Southeast at 11:45 a.m., believing no one was home. The suspect was confronted by the homeowner, who was armed, and after a confrontation, deputies said the suspect was shot and killed."

The above sounds like the deputies are trying to make the homeowner look bad. Here this poor unsuspecting burglar broke in, expecting to find easy pickings. Then, the big bad homeowner "confronted" him. During this "confrontation, the big bad homeowner, "who was armed", shot the unsuspecting burglar that just chose his home because the homeowner was too lazy to get out of bed, open his shades, and get his paper off the driveway.

This is sloppy journalism and inappropriate comments by the deputies. They cannot say with any certainty what the burglar thought, and truthfully, who the he!! cares?
    Last edited by rscottie; 01-12-2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: additional clarity

I was just wondering what type of castle law does State of Washington have on the books?

well,,,

we have castle law on the books,,,
    we have " stand your ground" in case law.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Other than a bullet?

Ouija board maybe? Good question. I would like to know how they came to that conclusion as well. Sometimes I wonder why or how they come up with these powers of filler statements. They have not one clue what that man was thinking when he broke into that house.
    Doc out

Banned

Didn't you know that all gov't officials have clairvoyance ?

They all think that they do...

Sheriff needs to send the MRAP out and drive over that house - homeowner should call 911 if there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651