• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett, WA Homeowner shoots burglar

rscottie

Law Enforcement is Psychic in Everett?

How could law enforcement have any idea whether the burglar thought the home was empty or not?

They certainly could not ask him.

twindragons

is it me or does alot of the break-ins/burglary happens in poor/middle class neighborhoods??

people living in those type of homes, the one shown in the link, have no money or valuables whatsoever. it's very rare for someone to have valuables if they are living in those type of homes.

if i was a thief, i would hit higher middle class neighborhoods or the rich area.

makes me wonder what is going on in their brain (the burglar)..

fluoride is a b!tch..

Ruby

is it me or does alot of the break-ins/burglary happens in poor/middle class neighborhoods??

people living in those type of homes, the one shown in the link, have no money or valuables whatsoever. it's very rare for someone to have valuables if they are living in those type of homes.

if i was a thief, i would hit higher middle class neighborhoods or the rich area.

fluoride is a b!tch..

The rich usually have alarm systems, and they use them.

cmontanojr

fluoride is a b!tch..

so your saying because the house isn't "fancy and newer" that there isn't anything of value in it. That is wrong and unfair. Maybe he's a millionaire. Maybe he bought a cheaper house so he could afford nicer things to go in it like a big screen. Maybe he's a gun collector. You don't know so you shouldn't judge. And its like the other post said, rich people have alarm systems and security cameras.

rscottie

No car in the driveway, shades drawn, and newspaper in the driveway.

They can only speculate. For them to make a statement of what the burglar thought is wrong. It seemed to have been done to disparage the lawful homeowner that used a firearm for self defense. The tone of the police was like, well, yeah the guy was legal to shoot the burglar but the burglar did not intend to break in to an occupied home. Is this an attempt to mitigate the circumstances and make the burglar sound like a better person? Perhaps undeserving of being shot? That is the slant I got from the article.

From the article: "Snohomish County Sheriff's deputies said the burglar broke into a house on the 10500 block of 21st Avenue Southeast at 11:45 a.m., believing no one was home. The suspect was confronted by the homeowner, who was armed, and after a confrontation, deputies said the suspect was shot and killed."

The above sounds like the deputies are trying to make the homeowner look bad. Here this poor unsuspecting burglar broke in, expecting to find easy pickings. Then, the big bad homeowner "confronted" him. During this "confrontation, the big bad homeowner, "who was armed", shot the unsuspecting burglar that just chose his home because the homeowner was too lazy to get out of bed, open his shades, and get his paper off the driveway.

This is sloppy journalism and inappropriate comments by the deputies. They cannot say with any certainty what the burglar thought, and truthfully, who the he!! cares?

Last edited:

Daniel_nimrod

How could law enforcement have any idea whether the burglar thought the home was empty or not?

They certainly could not ask him.

Ouija board maybe? Good question. I would like to know how they came to that conclusion as well. Sometimes I wonder why or how they come up with these powers of filler statements. They have not one clue what that man was thinking when he broke into that house.
Doc out

HPmatt

Sheriff needs to send the MRAP out and drive over that house - homeowner should call 911 if there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk