Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner shoots, kills suspected burglar in Everett

Homeowner shoots, kills suspected burglar in Everett

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son."

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Susp...136961443.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/A...136961108.html
    Last edited by SnarlyWino; 01-10-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: additional link
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

+1 to the homeowner...
    "Like" us on Facebook at Buck's Gun Shop for regular specials and other savings.
    www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com
    Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com

The Constitution of the United States does not grant rights to citizens; it limits the powers of government to infringe on the rights which have already endowed upon us by our Creator. One of those is the right to keep and bear arms, to defend our persons and property in any manner we see fit.

+1 to the homeowner...
    "Like" us on Facebook at Buck's Gun Shop for regular specials and other savings.
    www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com
    Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com

The Constitution of the United States does not grant rights to citizens; it limits the powers of government to infringe on the rights which have already endowed upon us by our Creator. One of those is the right to keep and bear arms, to defend our persons and property in any manner we see fit.

My guess is that this neighborhood is going to see a sharp decrease in home burglaries and car prowls for quite a while.

I have no sympathy for home invaders, armed or not.

I like the list the first article gave of things to think about to help avoid people breaking into your home. The key is always to make your own home look less appealing then the one next door, and I think the home owner in this report did a pretty good job of that, tho I'm sorry they had to go through the experience of taking another life to make the point.

Mother in law used to visit and say, " Why do you wear a gun in the house?"

She stopped asking a while back. Everybody should wear a weapon all the time. That includes around the house.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Mother in law used to visit and say, " Why do you wear a gun in the house?"

She stopped asking a while back. Everybody should wear a weapon all the time. That includes around the house.
    ESPECIALLY around the house.

http://corneredcat.com/A_Handgun_for_Home_Defense/

Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, and you might meet them both if you show up here unwelcome son."

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Susp...136961443.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/A...136961108.html
    Where's the quote from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Where's the quote from??

Let me google that for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvziNM2eyE

Not sure of the song but it's from a singer named Josh Thompson.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Quote Originally Posted by j2l3 View Post
    Not sure of the song but it's from a singer named Josh Thompson.
    The song is called Way Ouy Here.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Thumbs up

The KOMO report was pretty good, but the king 5 report ended with totally incorrect advice-flee your home and call 911
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

Quote Originally Posted by Schlepnier View Post
    The KOMO report was pretty good, but the king 5 report ended with totally incorrect advice-flee your home and call 911
    I would say you've got to be [expletive] kidding me, but I just went & dredged the video up online.

WALK out the door no less! Give the killer a nice slow target to stab in the back!

W T farkin' F mr "former prosecutor???

I live in Snohomish county. There was the fake DEA raid a couple blocks fom my house the other day and now this one in everett. It's gettin crazy up in here.

My neighborhood use to be so quiet. No crime ever happens here. Sarcasm off.

I'm starting to wonder how much time until it's my home. Good thing I am armed and have a dog. I hope it never happens, but if it does I will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    I live in Snohomish county. There was the fake DEA raid a couple blocks fom my house the other day and now this one in everett. It's gettin crazy up in here.

I'm starting to wonder how much time until it's my home. Good thing I am armed and have a dog. I hope it never happens, but if it does I will be ready.
    Ultimate kobiashi maru. Do nothing, risk getting killed by baddies. Act in self defense, risk getting killed by cops or worse, spending the rest of your life labeled a "cop killer" and all the happy fun time that goes with it.

Ultimate kobiashi maru. Do nothing, risk getting killed by baddies. Act in self defense, risk getting killed by cops or worse, spending the rest of your life labeled a "cop killer" and all the happy fun time that goes with it.

Yeah it's a terrible situation do be in.

Kennesaw Georgia.

They figured out a solution back in 1981. From 65 home burglaries just before the ordinance requiring a working gun and ammo be kept in a home, to only 11 within two years.

Snohomish County had over 2500 burglaries according to a 2005 report. Everett had almost 1,000 burglaries last year all by themselves.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Thumbs up

Well in all honesty they were idiot sheeple to not realise that the raid wasn't really DEA.
    no badges? only 4 guys and no warrant?

You ain't getting past the front door.
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

Well in all honesty they were idiot sheeple to not realise that the raid wasn't really DEA.
    no badges? only 4 guys and no warrant?

You ain't getting past the front door.
    I wouldn't go as far as to call them idiots. These people obviously don't really know anything about that kind of stuff. Also if you watch the news clips the one woman kept telling them to show some ID to prove they were FEDS. That's when they put a gun to her for head and told her to shut up. That and if you look in another thread on here they talk about police and FEDS doing no knock warrants all the time.

Just sayin. They may be ignorant, but I wouldn't call them idiots.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them idiots. These people obviously don't really know anything about that kind of stuff. Also if you watch the news clips the one woman kept telling them to show some ID to prove they were FEDS. That's when they put a gun to her for head and told her to shut up. That and if you look in another thread on here they talk about police and FEDS doing no knock warrants all the time.

Just sayin. They may be ignorant, but I wouldn't call them idiots.
    +1

Also, these poor folks lived in an apartment, and most apt doors will easily kick in with a single blow. Before they even knew what was going on they were outnumbered by armed thugs with rifles. Any of us, in the same situation, would be at a significant disadvantage. And the news I saw said 6 of them...

Prayers to the person who defended their life. Even on a justified shooting, it is typically a very disturbing and trying experience.

Prayers to the family of the bad guy. You surely didn't expect your loved one to die that day, but recognize that it was through his own life choices and there's no one else to blame.

I actually know the person that got shot and killed, he was pretty young early 20's. He was a good guy that made a bad choice and its sad that it ended up with his death, but I am not saying the home owner did anything wrong as he was a threat and I would have done the same thing in that situation.

I will not disclose his name as it has not been released to the public yet but I am sure it will be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rlacsamana1989 View Post
    I actually know the person that got shot and killed, he was pretty young early 20's. He was a good guy that made a bad choice and its sad that it ended up with his death, but I am not saying the home owner did anything wrong as he was a threat and I would have done the same thing in that situation.

I will not disclose his name as it has not been released to the public yet but I am sure it will be released soon.
    Same old song and dance....good guy, bad choice, turning his life around. I call BS, he was in someone else's abode uninvited and that is not a good guy and that is not a bad choice, that is a stupid choice.
    Live Free or Die!

Not trying to make it seem less than it is. Just saying people do make mistakes and they pay for them in different ways.
    Last edited by rlacsamana1989; 01-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Not trying to make it seem less than it is. Just saying people do make mistakes and they pay for them in different ways.
    Ok, I am normally not one to say anything here... but come on... People make mistakes, yes... But a mistake is forgetting to feed the dog (borderline though), leaving your phone at work, leaving the lights on in your car. Breaking into someones house is NOT A MISTAKE! Its a willful act. I hear this tossed around way too often, like the guy in Silverdale in 2009 that was high on meth, loading a gun and tried to shoot a cop. He was killed in the encounter. That was NOT A MISTAKE, it was a willful act of violence. Stop making excuses for people that do things like this. You do not do them any favors, or any favors to the innocent homeowner that had to defend himself and take a human life. Imagine that feeling, and then think about the choices that your friend made to put the homeowner in that situation. Your fiend made a decision, and he and everyone around him will have to deal with that, WITHOUT EXCUSES.

Frankly, when you make this kind of a "mistake", it seems perfectly logical that you pay with your life... My guess is there would be a lot fewer of these kinds of "mistakes" if they all ended this way... Just saying...
    www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com
    Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast