• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeowner shoots, kills suspected burglar in Everett

rlacsamana1989

I actually know the person that got shot and killed, he was pretty young early 20's. He was a good guy that made a bad choice and its sad that it ended up with his death, but I am not saying the home owner did anything wrong as he was a threat and I would have done the same thing in that situation.

I will not disclose his name as it has not been released to the public yet but I am sure it will be released soon.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I actually know the person that got shot and killed, he was pretty young early 20's. He was a good guy that made a bad choice and its sad that it ended up with his death, but I am not saying the home owner did anything wrong as he was a threat and I would have done the same thing in that situation.

I will not disclose his name as it has not been released to the public yet but I am sure it will be released soon.

Same old song and dance....good guy, bad choice, turning his life around. I call BS, he was in someone else's abode uninvited and that is not a good guy and that is not a bad choice, that is a stupid choice.

rlacsamana1989

Not trying to make it seem less than it is. Just saying people do make mistakes and they pay for them in different ways.

Last edited:

MadHatter66

Not trying to make it seem less than it is. Just saying people do make mistakes and they pay for them in different ways.

Ok, I am normally not one to say anything here... but come on... People make mistakes, yes... But a mistake is forgetting to feed the dog (borderline though), leaving your phone at work, leaving the lights on in your car. Breaking into someones house is NOT A MISTAKE! Its a willful act. I hear this tossed around way too often, like the guy in Silverdale in 2009 that was high on meth, loading a gun and tried to shoot a cop. He was killed in the encounter. That was NOT A MISTAKE, it was a willful act of violence. Stop making excuses for people that do things like this. You do not do them any favors, or any favors to the innocent homeowner that had to defend himself and take a human life. Imagine that feeling, and then think about the choices that your friend made to put the homeowner in that situation. Your fiend made a decision, and he and everyone around him will have to deal with that, WITHOUT EXCUSES.

Bucks Gun Shop

Frankly, when you make this kind of a "mistake", it seems perfectly logical that you pay with your life... My guess is there would be a lot fewer of these kinds of "mistakes" if they all ended this way... Just saying...

rlacsamana1989

Frankly, when you make this kind of a "mistake", it seems perfectly logical that you pay with your life... My guess is there would be a lot fewer of these kinds of "mistakes" if they all ended this way... Just saying...

I guess I should of chosen my words more carefully, it was more of a stupid choice then a mistake. Either way I agree that it is part of the risk for that type of action so is texting or talking on the phone while driving or driving drunk.

His name was released to the public and its Johnny Sok he was 22yrs old. Like I said I was not trying to make it seem like he did nothing wrong as he did.

dadada

Just heard on the news (not the best source for the truth), that Johnny ended up with 5 new holes in him. Sounds like the homeowner kept shooting until the threat stopped. Good for him, and good shooting. Kept Johnny from making any more stupid choices. I doubt this was his first. What are the odds he got caught during his very first robbery?

Dave_pro2a

A professional NFL players risks being paralyzed to do his job.

A chef risks burns and cuts.

A business owner risks going broke.

Etc.

A thief risks being killed or incarcerated when doing his 'job.' The age of the thief doesn't matter, the risk is the same whether you're a 14yo, or an 81yo.

A thief has NO ONE to blame but himself if he gets killed, or put into jail. Not his family, not the police, not his victim. It is only HIS choices that placed him in that danger.

BTW, when 'good people' do something stupid -- they risk paying the exact same price that a bad person faces. And generally 'good' people don't break into someone else's home. Once he crosses that line into actually threatening to cause real damage to another person, he has become a bad guy. In fact, he's a bad guy once he willfully causes real damage to another person's property -- it's just in the former his victim might defend himself using force.

So 'good guy' Johnny doesn't get any sympathy from me. His victim does, his victims family does, and even bad guy Johnny's family does -- but not little Johnny himself.

BTW, people often describe serial killers as 'good guys' once they are caught. And same with embezzlers, and con-men. Bad guys are often adept at appearing to be good guys. It is camouflage, merely a tactic. Or at best, they are 'good guys' to their friends and family -- but to everyone else they are bad guys, out to hurt and steal at every chance.

Last edited:

ghosthunter

News reported tonight that Johnny had a serious drug problem and was holding a hammer when the home owner shot him five times.
I can see the civil suit coming, his mom commented on news "why home owner shoot him five times". The home owner reportly has a attorney and the investigation may take months, really?

It is always sad when some one gets killed. But no one made Johnny break into that home with a hammer. That is on him.
That should be the end of it.

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
ghosthunter
News reported tonight that Johnny had a serious drug problem and was holding a hammer when the home owner shot him five times.
I can see the civil suit coming, his mom commented on news "why home owner shoot him five times". The home owner reportly has a attorney and the investigation may take months, really?

It is always sad when some one gets killed. But no one made Johnny break into that home with a hammer. That is on him.

I agree with you. Besides did the mom ever stop to think that being on drugs maybe Johnny didn't want to go down? I've saw stories in my law enforcement class in high school where the LEO's were fighting this guy who was high. The officer shot him multiple times and the guy still almost killed the officer and his partner. He finally shot the guy in the head. That's the only way the guy would stop. So the home owner shot till johnny dropped. I would too. I honestly don't think he would have shot Johnny 5 times unless he needed too.

amlevin

Same old song and dance....good guy, bad choice, turning his life around. I call BS, he was in someone else's abode uninvited and that is not a good guy and that is not a bad choice, that is a stupid choice.

Some of these guys who are "turning their life around" make wrong turns and end up at a "Dead End".

FWIW, I wonder how many of those who are always making excuses for people like this when they're killed committing a crime were around to help him make better choices?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
his mom commented on news "why home owner shoot him five times".

Question to Mom.... "Why johnny break into house armed with hammer?"

DocWalker

I agree with you. Besides did the mom ever stop to think that being on drugs maybe Johnny didn't want to go down? I've saw stories in my law enforcement class in high school where the LEO's were fighting this guy who was high. The officer shot him multiple times and the guy still almost killed the officer and his partner. He finally shot the guy in the head. That's the only way the guy would stop. So the home owner shot till johnny dropped. I would too. I honestly don't think he would have shot Johnny 5 times unless he needed too.

I concur that drugs keep the body going long after a person should be dead. I've seen suspects break hand cuffs (and their wrists) while on PCP. I worked as a paramedic for over 20 years and drugs seem to give some super strenght be it temporary.

Ultra09

This could have all been avoided if our government would just step up and protect us by banning all hammers!
Take away the hammers and hammer crimes will decrease! :banana: