• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeowner shoots, kills suspected burglar in Everett

FMCDH

My guess is that this neighborhood is going to see a sharp decrease in home burglaries and car prowls for quite a while.

I have no sympathy for home invaders, armed or not.

I like the list the first article gave of things to think about to help avoid people breaking into your home. The key is always to make your own home look less appealing then the one next door, and I think the home owner in this report did a pretty good job of that, tho I'm sorry they had to go through the experience of taking another life to make the point.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Mother in law used to visit and say, " Why do you wear a gun in the house?"

She stopped asking a while back. Everybody should wear a weapon all the time. That includes around the house.

Metalhead47

Metalhead47

The KOMO report was pretty good, but the king 5 report ended with totally incorrect advice-flee your home and call 911
:banghead:

I would say you've got to be [expletive] kidding me, but I just went & dredged the video up online.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

WALK out the door no less! Give the killer a nice slow target to stab in the back!

W T farkin' F mr "former prosecutor??? :cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I live in Snohomish county. There was the fake DEA raid a couple blocks fom my house the other day and now this one in everett. It's gettin crazy up in here.

My neighborhood use to be so quiet. No crime ever happens here. Sarcasm off.

I'm starting to wonder how much time until it's my home. Good thing I am armed and have a dog. I hope it never happens, but if it does I will be ready.

Metalhead47

I live in Snohomish county. There was the fake DEA raid a couple blocks fom my house the other day and now this one in everett. It's gettin crazy up in here.

I'm starting to wonder how much time until it's my home. Good thing I am armed and have a dog. I hope it never happens, but if it does I will be ready.

Ultimate kobiashi maru. Do nothing, risk getting killed by baddies. Act in self defense, risk getting killed by cops or worse, spending the rest of your life labeled a "cop killer" and all the happy fun time that goes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Ultimate kobiashi maru. Do nothing, risk getting killed by baddies. Act in self defense, risk getting killed by cops or worse, spending the rest of your life labeled a "cop killer" and all the happy fun time that goes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a terrible situation do be in.

amlevin

Kennesaw Georgia.

They figured out a solution back in 1981. From 65 home burglaries just before the ordinance requiring a working gun and ammo be kept in a home, to only 11 within two years.

Snohomish County had over 2500 burglaries according to a 2005 report. Everett had almost 1,000 burglaries last year all by themselves.

Schlepnier

Well in all honesty they were idiot sheeple to not realise that the raid wasn't really DEA.
no badges? only 4 guys and no warrant?

You ain't getting past the front door.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Well in all honesty they were idiot sheeple to not realise that the raid wasn't really DEA.
no badges? only 4 guys and no warrant?

You ain't getting past the front door.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them idiots. These people obviously don't really know anything about that kind of stuff. Also if you watch the news clips the one woman kept telling them to show some ID to prove they were FEDS. That's when they put a gun to her for head and told her to shut up. That and if you look in another thread on here they talk about police and FEDS doing no knock warrants all the time.

Just sayin. They may be ignorant, but I wouldn't call them idiots.

Metalhead47

I wouldn't go as far as to call them idiots. These people obviously don't really know anything about that kind of stuff. Also if you watch the news clips the one woman kept telling them to show some ID to prove they were FEDS. That's when they put a gun to her for head and told her to shut up. That and if you look in another thread on here they talk about police and FEDS doing no knock warrants all the time.

Just sayin. They may be ignorant, but I wouldn't call them idiots.

+1

Also, these poor folks lived in an apartment, and most apt doors will easily kick in with a single blow. Before they even knew what was going on they were outnumbered by armed thugs with rifles. Any of us, in the same situation, would be at a significant disadvantage. And the news I saw said 6 of them...

Dave_pro2a

Prayers to the person who defended their life. Even on a justified shooting, it is typically a very disturbing and trying experience.

Prayers to the family of the bad guy. You surely didn't expect your loved one to die that day, but recognize that it was through his own life choices and there's no one else to blame.