• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanked by a Lakewood Walmart employee today

mahkagari

I disagree. It's not the name itself that is derogatory; it's the manner in which it is meant. And I'm confident that most people who use the name "Wally World" are using it as a moniker, not a slur.

Hence why I don't use the term. It's far too benign. I'll stick with referring to them as "The Evil W" and shop elsewhere, no matter how cheap their ammo is.

Though, I have considered only shopping them for their "loss leaders". I.e. things they intentionally lose money on to get people into the store. If ammo is in that category and they're losing money on it, I may just buy it there to supplement reloading.

Polynikes

Hence why I don't use the term. It's far too benign. I'll stick with referring to them as "The Evil W" and shop elsewhere, no matter how cheap their ammo is.

Though, I have considered only shopping them for their "loss leaders". I.e. things they intentionally lose money on to get people into the store. If ammo is in that category and they're losing money on it, I may just buy it there to supplement reloading.

Where else can you get 100 rounds of Winchester White Box for under $20? :p

mahkagari

Where else can you get 100 rounds of Winchester White Box for under $20? :p

I'll make them and then only have to wash my hands rather than the full body scourge I feel like after even walking through that $#!+hole.

Last edited:

KBCraig

The point is that calling anyone other than their right name can be derogatory if the subject doesn't want to be called that.
Calling anyone by their right name can be derogatory as well.

As a former Army lieutenant, let me tell you that being addressed as "Lieutenant" can convey the utmost disrespect.

mahkagari

Calling anyone by their right name can be derogatory as well.

As a former Army lieutenant, let me tell you that being addressed as "Lieutenant" can convey the utmost disrespect.

"We had a name for people like you where I come from. 'Sir'. But we'd roll our eyes when they looked away." -Woody Boyd