• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTF???? Chesterfield wants to pass a law because someone was "pissed off"?

Firedawg314

I was just watching the news last night about Chesterfield wanting to pass the law that "it’s illegal to fire a firearm to defend crop and/or property".

WTF? The news reported that a "resident" did not like their neighbor using a PELET gun to kill squirrels because the squirrels were causing property damage!!!!! Really!!!!! A B.B. gun... this person felt so threaten that they need to push a law to F**k up everyone???

Hey, I know people who live out in areas like that where wildlife is a problem. I have seen squirrels will enter your roof, and crew all the installation off your wiring. Either causing a house fire or just a costly bill to have your house re-wired!

If that law is passed, that means, even if you have a CCW license and defend yourself, crop or property... the person or the family of the thug could sue the crap out of you because... you decided to protect your; crop, property, etc.

So, what's next Chesterfield... going back to make a law for any minorities to enter the city lines? Or should we go back to placing signs on doors for "whites only" or to be politically correct, "Chesterfield residents only" and "others" come through the back doors"?

Yes, this was extreme comment, but so is that law proposal.
And no, I don't live out there.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It was a misguided comment.

Chesterfield nor any other muni can supersede rsmo 571 or 563.

You are a little new to the game, but I can assure you, this has a lot more to do with the city atty Paul Martin than it does squirrels, it is a sheep thing, not a squirrel thing.

Never forget, the libtard while lacking common sense is not always stupid and while it makes no common sense, the media is ALWAYS willing to take whatever line the libtard feeds it without regard for merit.

Consider the source and follow the money are two metaphors to live by, they almost always play out.

We gotta do a cup of coffee soon sir.

Firedawg314

It was a misguided comment.

Chesterfield nor any other muni can supersede rsmo 571 or 563.

You are a little new to the game, but I can assure you, this has a lot more to do with the city atty Paul Martin than it does squirrels, it is a sheep thing, not a squirrel thing.

Never forget, the libtard while lacking common sense is not always stupid and while it makes no common sense, the media is ALWAYS willing to take whatever line the libtard feeds it without regard for merit.

Consider the source and follow the money are two metaphors to live by, they almost always play out.

We gotta do a cup of coffee soon sir.

LOL... that does make more sense... I gues I too can get caught up in the media from time to time. yeah I'm still new to this... but I'm still blown away that our state is a open carry state, but the little counties and cities can adjust the rules.

To me that's like going to college and they explain all their rules about staying in school, then the teacher make up a rule that if you don't earn an "A" on the test, he won't help you to when you ask any questions. That's how bizzar its to me.

You know.... the city and the counties establish their "law", but then when you ask a local cop or counsel members about the law, they can't explain it to you and suggst you hire a lawyer???? But these are the people who vote for the change.

Last edited:

mspgunner

I just had two emails, one from a Missouri State rep and one from a Missouri State Senator asking if I'm going to the Chesterfield City Council meeting 7:00PM January 18th.
I of course told them "YES". I spoke at Maplewood, Rock Hill and Ollivett.

I'll be at Chesterfield City Hall January 18th.

If we don't stand up for our 2A rights they will get whittled away, step by step.

As LMTD said, it's the City attorney in case after case after case, the same low life bottom feeding anti-2A attorney!

Make the time to go, speak up and stand up for your rights!

Not just Chesterfield, Jefferson City. Tell your legislators "WE" want pre-emption of 2nd amendment rights.
Local government has no business restricting your rights under the 2nd amendment of the Bill of Rights and Art. 1 Sec. 23 of the Missouri Constitution.

JUST DO IT AND DO IT NOW!
(Or kiss your rights good bye)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well we are going to face a bunch of idiots. Here is a fine example of Chesterfield politics at work!

Chesterfield, Mo (KSDK) -- Nine retailers in the Chesterfield Commons shopping center were issued summons by Chesterfield police on Black Friday.

Police said there is an ordinance that prohibits retail stores in the Chesterfield Commons development from opening before 6:00 a.m. The ordinance was put in place because residents were worried about noise when the center was built.

The ordinance only applies to retail businesses in the center and does not include restaurants.

Police said business were warned that if they opened before 6:00 a.m., then they would be in violation.

Firedawg314

Well we are going to face a bunch of idiots. Here is a fine example of Chesterfield politics at work!

Chesterfield, Mo (KSDK) -- Nine retailers in the Chesterfield Commons shopping center were issued summons by Chesterfield police on Black Friday.

Police said there is an ordinance that prohibits retail stores in the Chesterfield Commons development from opening before 6:00 a.m. The ordinance was put in place because residents were worried about noise when the center was built.

The ordinance only applies to retail businesses in the center and does not include restaurants.

Police said business were warned that if they opened before 6:00 a.m., then they would be in violation.

Chesterfield reminds me of "acient rome". If you remember Rome falled because they taxed the hell out of everything. basically making up rules as the wind blows. I think Chesterfield will be like that one day... fall and become the new "Jennings".

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
That dude better not be using his pellet gun on the Rally Squirrel family... 0_o

Seriously, that city atty sounds like a problem. With so many political sudivisions in the county all gerrymandered together, one bad apple can make a lot of people miserable.