Thread: Oh, the irony. Bloomburg Press says gun control is not liked.

North Chesterfield VA

Oh, the irony. Bloomburg Press says gun control is not liked.

And the headline: Gun Control: A Movement Without Followers

More Americans favor Second Amendment rights, and lower murder rates in big cities convince some that tough laws are unnecessary

I'm not going to say anything more except it's a wonderful 2-page read. Made better by where it was printed.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Herr Heckler Koch
    Thanks for the link to the article. I hope that it is echoed in the Wisconsin media and inspire WAVE to break.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Some of these comments blow my mind. Go have a read.

in front of my computer, WI
    Even the NRA agrees, for example, that guns should not be sold to people found to have serious mental problems. Yet many states fail to provide mental health records to the federal computerized background-check system.

I wish reporters would a) do their research and b) report accurately!

States cannot provide any health records because those documents are privileged to the patient. Merely seeing a doctor isn't proof of any disability, or a reason to infringe a right. After all, people with epilepsy are allowed to vote, even though they're sometimes not in their right minds. And heck, they're allowed to possess firearms! How's that for dangerous?

What can be & is made available are court records for involuntary commitments & findings of "not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect". That's a much higher standard, & is more or less a public record.

they need to adapt to meet the demands of a public that wants to reduce the number of crimes—not the number of guns
    :: clapping :: Finally someone gets it!
    Well, someone who seems to be an anti.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    And the headline: Gun Control: A Movement Without Followers

Oh, I dunno. The Brady bunch have, what? Just shy of a dozen folks working out of Sarah's basement...
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.