• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh, the irony. Bloomburg Press says gun control is not liked.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Thanks for the link to the article. I hope that it is echoed in the Wisconsin media and inspire WAVE to break.

MKEgal

Even the NRA agrees, for example, that guns should not be sold to people found to have serious mental problems. Yet many states fail to provide mental health records to the federal computerized background-check system.
:banghead: :cuss:
I wish reporters would a) do their research and b) report accurately!

States cannot provide any health records because those documents are privileged to the patient. Merely seeing a doctor isn't proof of any disability, or a reason to infringe a right. After all, people with epilepsy are allowed to vote, even though they're sometimes not in their right minds. And heck, they're allowed to possess firearms! How's that for dangerous?

What can be & is made available are court records for involuntary commitments & findings of "not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect". That's a much higher standard, & is more or less a public record.

they need to adapt to meet the demands of a public that wants to reduce the number of crimes—not the number of guns
:: clapping :: Finally someone gets it!
Well, someone who seems to be an anti.