• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show's This Weekend!

xdmcompact

There are two gun shows his weekend.

Jan 14-15, 2012 Farmington, MO
Civic Center
2 Black Knight Drive
Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3 300 tables $56, pp $46, elec $35/ table
Setup hours: Fri Noon-8, Sat 730-9am

Jan 14-15 Belleville, Belle-Clair Expo ECA Inc Box 138 Centralia, Il 62801 618-495-2572

http://gunshows-usa.com/

Firedawg314

There are two gun shows his weekend.

Jan 14-15, 2012 Farmington, MO
Civic Center
2 Black Knight Drive
Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3 300 tables $56, pp $46, elec $35/ table
Setup hours: Fri Noon-8, Sat 730-9am

Jan 14-15 Belleville, Belle-Clair Expo ECA Inc Box 138 Centralia, Il 62801 618-495-2572

http://gunshows-usa.com/

That's great info... that IL one... anything in that state always seem like a set to me. As if they (cop) watch for any out of state plates... I always have this vision... you go there, you spend about $2,000 on $6,000 worth of GREAT ammo. As you load it in your truck/car... you leave and the local "great Belleville finest" pull you over because you "fit the discription". Next then you know, they are taking your ammo because of some crazy law that had been on the books since 1800's... and that other crazy law they have about guns and ammo be stored away from you.
Plus, I know of our state, we are not a "gun" state, but a "weapon" state. Legally, we can carry any amount of ammo on us, in our car (as long its under 1,001 lbs, after that, you need a transportation label of a 1.4). but other states, view it differently. Meaning... you may get away with trasnporting a few hundred rounds of ammo in the trunk. But what if you did spend about $2,000 (and I have seen people do that or more at those shows) on ammo... but in general, you are going to have way more than the public could get for at that price. For example, my uncle when the show a few years ago in St. Charles, walked aways with near 10,000 rounds in ammo (he hunt a lot in the south). I would imagine, if he had to cross IL, he probably would "violated" some law over there. Just my opinion... IL laws are the most BACKWARD since of earning money for the state. For example, Bellievlle have the "tire tax law" for its residents. Really???

I just pray for everyone who goes there have a great time and don't be bothered by the law enforcement.

Last edited:

xdmcompact

That's great info... that IL one... anything in that state always seem like a set to me. As if they (cop) watch for any out of state plates... I always have this vision... you go there, you spend about $2,000 on $6,000 worth of GREAT ammo. As you load it in your truck/car... you leave and the local "great Belleville finest" pull you over because you "fit the discription". Next then you know, they are taking your ammo because of some crazy law that had been on the books since 1800's... and that other crazy law they have about guns and ammo be stored away from you.
Plus, I know of our state, we are not a "gun" state, but a "weapon" state. Legally, we can carry any amount of ammo on us, in our car (as long its under 1,001 lbs, after that, you need a transportation label of a 1.4). but other states, view it differently. Meaning... you may get away with trasnporting a few hundred rounds of ammo in the trunk. But what if you did spend about $2,000 (and I have seen people do that or more at those shows) on ammo... but in general, you are going to have way more than the public could get for at that price. For example, my uncle when the show a few years ago in St. Charles, walked aways with near 10,000 rounds in ammo (he hunt a lot in the south). I would imagine, if he had to cross IL, he probably would "violated" some law over there. Just my opinion... IL laws are the most BACKWARD since of earning money for the state. For example, Bellievlle have the "tire tax law" for its residents. Really???

I just pray for everyone who goes there have a great time and don't be bothered by the law enforcement.

Just like any other gun show you walk in guns in hand, they put a zip tie on them and you enter. Seriously doubt there are too many problems otherwise the people who host these shows would go out of business.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I do not spend money in PRIL. I do not travel there exclusive of a couple of friends who live their until they can get moved over here.

The ONLY business that has gotten any significant amount of my money would be Belleville shooting range.