Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fudds Need some Educating.

Banned

Fudds Need some Educating.

http://www.pistol-forum.com/

Originally Posted by stainless1911

Open carriers are the tip of the spear of gun rights. Im not understanding why the conversation was moved, it is a political as well as a tactical issue. It is also political and tactical advantage.

No, they aren't, the NRA is. Open carry advocates are delusional, annoying, and often times damaging to gun rights (see CA open carry).

The conversation was moved because it's nonsense. Nonsense belongs in the romper room.

This isn't your run of the mill 'people with no experience speculating on matters way out of their lane' gun forum. Nearly all the regular posters here know very much what they are talking about, and can back it up. Cluttering forums used for the information they have with this kind of thing is not what we at PFC are here to do.

It is not a tactical advantage. I think it may have some ability to deter low level stop and robbers, but that's the end of that. The real bad people that do real bad things don't give a s*** about your open carried P95. The real tactical advantage is knowing how to shoot the gun you're carrying very, very well. Everyone I have ever met that I would consider a very good shooter does not carry their guns openly unless in uniform. That rhymes with Hue.

A political advantage? what documented, palpable, political victories can the open carry movement lay claim to?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 01-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Banned

haha wow if u open carry your not a good shooter. Lets see who draws faster OC or CC. now u can practice all you want but when it comes down to it, ur not gunna be smooth move joe cool. Your going to be shaking a little bit and lose some tactile touch. drawing whilst CC (moving concealed clothing out of way for draw) adds another step to the process as well as opens the door to snagging on clothes. As far as tactical advantage, faster draw sounds good to me.

my 2 cents
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Bwaaaaaa He said the NRA is the spearhead... The history of the NRA is to write gun control laws.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

It is simply that person's opinion. Im sick of CC only guys saying that because people OC in Cali thats why the laws there are so strict. OC or not that state would be antigun. IL allows no carry and they are very antigun. As far as I'm concerned it is every gun carriers right to carry the gun how they choose. If its CC then that's fine bu don't tell others that they shouldn't OC because you don't like it.

Someone I was discussing OC and CC with said OCers are just attention ******. There's no other reason to open carry. I said saying OCers carry that way for attention is like saying you CC because you hope to be able to shoot a BG. He said he doesn't want to shoot anyone. I said neither do I that's one reason I OC is because I believe I'm less likey to have to shoot.
    Last edited by xmanhockey7; 01-10-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    great post hockey, wish they could read that.

The commentary sounds so strikingly familiar and they really do have a subforum called the Romper Room. ROFL

Starting off a thread insulting the people on the other side of the argument(calling them FUDDS) is no way to improve the dialogue. Just a thought.

Replace FUDDS with sheep.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    They still carry, sheep don't.

Banned
    I got banned.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Instigating intra-forum warfare
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    Last edited by stainless1911; 01-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.

I'm not surprised since a bunch of the anti-oc posts there were from moderators.

but hey, shrug it off. your name isn't "stainless" for nothing.
    Last edited by Michigun; 01-10-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Wow, I dont even think Waste Management has that much garbage in one area...
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Banned
    Thanks guys. Too bad though, there is a bunch of good info there. I've probably forgotten more about gun rights than they will ever know.

FUDDS do not carry, by definition they are folks who only 'need' the 2A for hunting/sport. I have several family members, and many friends who are FUDDS. They are sheep because they never carry for self defense. So, FUDDS are sheep.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fudd
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    FUDDS do not carry, by definition they are folks who only 'need' the 2A for hunting/sport. I have several family members, and many friends who are FUDDS. They are sheep because they never carry for self defense. So, FUDDS are sheep.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fudd
    There were a lot of FUDDS in England until all guns were taken away. There are no more FUDDS in that country.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Not all guns. Rifles, single shot and bolt action are permitted, though rarely permitted. Shotguns are more numerous. No handguns or semi-auto rifles.

Banned
    The urban dictionary is evolutionary. Thats one reason it exists. Time for an update, the open carry movement is creating a new class of fudds.

Ive been involved in alot of back and forth with other people here in Iowa. Its about half and half on OC/CC.

The problem with that site is that they are so anit oc that they see OC members as a disease. And they are afraid of what "implications" open carry might have on our rights.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! CC OR OC! WE ALL NEED TO STAND AS ONE GROUP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! CC OR OC! WE ALL NEED TO STAND AS ONE GROUP!!
    I don't get why some CC guys are so adamant about dividing the lines in people who wish to carry. It merely serves to weaken the entire group as to carry rights.

CC or OC, I don't care, just carry period.

Edit : Also cross forum drama ftl.
    Last edited by VW_Factor; 01-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Banned
    Whats going on with the forum? I dont know how to explain, but it looks more like a document full of links than a proper forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Whats going on with the forum? I dont know how to explain, but it looks more like a document full of links than a proper forum.
    Reboot your computer. You are out of memory.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    +1
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Everything else works though. So do the other forums. ???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Everything else works though. So do the other forums. ???
    Computer says, I have 15.9 of 48.8 gig free. This forum is sure hard to use like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast