• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fudds Need some Educating.

stainless1911

Banned
http://www.pistol-forum.com/

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by stainless1911

Open carriers are the tip of the spear of gun rights. Im not understanding why the conversation was moved, it is a political as well as a tactical issue. It is also political and tactical advantage.

No, they aren't, the NRA is. Open carry advocates are delusional, annoying, and often times damaging to gun rights (see CA open carry).

The conversation was moved because it's nonsense. Nonsense belongs in the romper room.

This isn't your run of the mill 'people with no experience speculating on matters way out of their lane' gun forum. Nearly all the regular posters here know very much what they are talking about, and can back it up. Cluttering forums used for the information they have with this kind of thing is not what we at PFC are here to do.

It is not a tactical advantage. I think it may have some ability to deter low level stop and robbers, but that's the end of that. The real bad people that do real bad things don't give a s*** about your open carried P95. The real tactical advantage is knowing how to shoot the gun you're carrying very, very well. Everyone I have ever met that I would consider a very good shooter does not carry their guns openly unless in uniform. That rhymes with Hue.

A political advantage? what documented, palpable, political victories can the open carry movement lay claim to?

Last edited:

insanebuddy720

haha wow if u open carry your not a good shooter. Lets see who draws faster OC or CC. now u can practice all you want but when it comes down to it, ur not gunna be smooth move joe cool. Your going to be shaking a little bit and lose some tactile touch. drawing whilst CC (moving concealed clothing out of way for draw) adds another step to the process as well as opens the door to snagging on clothes. As far as tactical advantage, faster draw sounds good to me.

my 2 cents

xmanhockey7

It is simply that person's opinion. Im sick of CC only guys saying that because people OC in Cali thats why the laws there are so strict. OC or not that state would be antigun. IL allows no carry and they are very antigun. As far as I'm concerned it is every gun carriers right to carry the gun how they choose. If its CC then that's fine bu don't tell others that they shouldn't OC because you don't like it.

Someone I was discussing OC and CC with said OCers are just attention whores. There's no other reason to open carry. I said saying OCers carry that way for attention is like saying you CC because you hope to be able to shoot a BG. He said he doesn't want to shoot anyone. I said neither do I that's one reason I OC is because I believe I'm less likey to have to shoot.

Last edited:

Michigun

I'm not surprised since a bunch of the anti-oc posts there were from moderators.

but hey, shrug it off. your name isn't "stainless" for nothing.
icon12.png

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

FUDDS do not carry, by definition they are folks who only 'need' the 2A for hunting/sport. I have several family members, and many friends who are FUDDS. They are sheep because they never carry for self defense. So, FUDDS are sheep.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fudd

There were a lot of FUDDS in England until all guns were taken away. There are no more FUDDS in that country.

OC for ME

Not all guns. Rifles, single shot and bolt action are permitted, though rarely permitted. Shotguns are more numerous. No handguns or semi-auto rifles.

Tucker6900

Ive been involved in alot of back and forth with other people here in Iowa. Its about half and half on OC/CC.

The problem with that site is that they are so anit oc that they see OC members as a disease. And they are afraid of what "implications" open carry might have on our rights.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! CC OR OC! WE ALL NEED TO STAND AS ONE GROUP!!

VW_Factor

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! CC OR OC! WE ALL NEED TO STAND AS ONE GROUP!!

I don't get why some CC guys are so adamant about dividing the lines in people who wish to carry. It merely serves to weaken the entire group as to carry rights.

CC or OC, I don't care, just carry period.

Edit : Also cross forum drama ftl.

Last edited: